1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Mody 2 And The 5:2 Diet

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by Zeffer, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Zeffer

Zeffer MODY · Newbie

Hi,

I have Mody 2 and have put on some stomach weight following two fairly exercise-free years (I broke my hip and have had to spend months on crutches and the couch).

I have just started this diet after reading the book and my good wife has agreed to support me. In two weeks she has lost half a stone and is delighted, yet I am not budging. I also exercise a fair deal every week - about 3 hours of intense exercise (average heart rate of 165 etc.)

I know it's early days and I will report back, but I have some questions that maybe someone can answer. Please excuse any really silly ones as I am new to this!

Since my fasting blood sugar levels never go below 6.6 mmol/L, does this stop all the effects of a fast from kicking in for me? E.g. going into fat burning mode from using up sugar. Also the much mentioned lowering of the IGF1 hormone - does raised sugars change how this works for me?

Assuming this can still work for me, I will hopefully have some good news soon - I am monitoring everything I can think of. Otherwise, what will work?

Thanks!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook