Mody 2 And The 5:2 Diet

Zeffer

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I have Mody 2 and have put on some stomach weight following two fairly exercise-free years (I broke my hip and have had to spend months on crutches and the couch).

I have just started this diet after reading the book and my good wife has agreed to support me. In two weeks she has lost half a stone and is delighted, yet I am not budging. I also exercise a fair deal every week - about 3 hours of intense exercise (average heart rate of 165 etc.)

I know it's early days and I will report back, but I have some questions that maybe someone can answer. Please excuse any really silly ones as I am new to this!

Since my fasting blood sugar levels never go below 6.6 mmol/L, does this stop all the effects of a fast from kicking in for me? E.g. going into fat burning mode from using up sugar. Also the much mentioned lowering of the IGF1 hormone - does raised sugars change how this works for me?

Assuming this can still work for me, I will hopefully have some good news soon - I am monitoring everything I can think of. Otherwise, what will work?

Thanks!