MODY testing

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
afternoon all, does anyone know how long it would take for C peptide test and antibody test results to come back?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Engineer88 I think it depends on your surgery, mine would be back within a week, as I have to wait for the hospital to send the results back to my surgery, have you asked them ?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Engineer88 I think it depends on your surgery, mine would be back within a week, as I have to wait for the hospital to send the results back to my surgery, have you asked them ?

Yes thanks it's been over a month and the dr hasn't got any results. I'm wondering if the consultant is keeping them :/

Reactions: Janslv

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
GAD tests take 7-10 days. But I have a feeling there are a limited number of labs in the uk that run the tests, so it can mean a bit of a wait for the results.

Cpeptide should be back within a week.

Neither GAD nor cpeptide is a test for MODY, which requires genetic testing to see if you have the relevant MODY gene mutations.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
GAD tests take 7-10 days. But I have a feeling there are a limited number of labs in the uk that run the tests, so it can mean a bit of a wait for the results.

Cpeptide should be back within a week.

Neither GAD nor cpeptide is a test for MODY, which requires genetic testing to see if you have the relevant MODY gene mutations.

Agreed sorry I should have titled it better. As I understand it if I don't have any antibodies then it would indicate MODY and further testing would be needed

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
I read that only one testing machine in Exeter - it is extremely expensive and, but as we know MODY - especially from 4 - 12 are newly discovered types.

HLC2017

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The result of my anti-GAD and other antibody tests took 2.5 weeks. I discovered the results in a rather roundabout way: a diabetic registrar called me and asked if I could come in to the clinic that day.