Monday Inspiration

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We had a success story sent in to us via Facebook from Sharon, an incredibly proud Mum of an 11 year old with Type 1 Diabetes.

This is my son Mason who is 11, it was just before his 10th birthday that he was rushed into hospital with Type 1.

Mason lives for football and plays for his school team and a Sunday League, he is a striker and always pulls them in!

He was devastated when he was diagnosed and started to struggle at the beginning, he however was determined that having type 1 wasn't going to stop him from playing the game he loves so much. It has been nearly 2 years to the day that he was diagnosed and the strength and determination he shows amazes me.

The team he plays for won the league last season ( without him they couldn't have achieved this) That was said by the coach not me! He won player of the season last year and this year they are about to play in the semi-finals yet again It just shows that with courage and determination that everybody can achieve their goals ( literally!!) I could not be a more proud mum,love this little man to bits.

This is Mason pictured with his older brother:

11156304_10153329160352625_1766885389103247474_n.jpg

Reactions: 13 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
We had a success story sent in to us via Facebook from Sharon, an incredibly proud Mum of an 11 year old with Type 1 Diabetes.

This is my son Mason who is 11, it was just before his 10th birthday that he was rushed into hospital with Type 1.

Mason lives for football and plays for his school team and a Sunday League, he is a striker and always pulls them in!

He was devastated when he was diagnosed and started to struggle at the beginning, he however was determined that having type 1 wasn't going to stop him from playing the game he loves so much. It has been nearly 2 years to the day that he was diagnosed and the strength and determination he shows amazes me.

The team he plays for won the league last season ( without him they couldn't have achieved this) That was said by the coach not me! He won player of the season last year and this year they are about to play in the semi-finals yet again It just shows that with courage and determination that everybody can achieve their goals ( literally!!) I could not be a more proud mum,love this little man to bits.

This is Mason pictured with his older brother:

View attachment 12984
Thanks for sharing: gutsy kid,you must be soooo proud ::))

Reactions: 4 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
This is a brilliant picture and story .
Mason refuses to let his Diabetes get in the way of his
love for sport and life itself .
What an inspiration and well done Mason . :D

No wonder - you are so proud of him Sharon .

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As a lover of the beautiful game ,myself, I think he's done brilliant!

But, what's with the shirt he has on?:eek:;):)

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As parents you must be so proud of him, well done Mason.

Reactions: 2 people