Monitoring my daughter while she is at school

Sbakca

Hello,

My daughter newly daignosed with type 1.
I want to find out if there is a way to monitor her glucose levels via a smartwatch? I heard there are Libre Attachments such as miaomiao, nightrider and supersapiens.
But I couldn't find any clear information how to they work. I want her to get notification on her smartwatch so she can be notified and same time I want to be notified on my smartwatch too.

thank you everyone for your support

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Welcome to the forums @Sbakca. Is she using a libre 1 or 2?

(And for what it's worth, the technology is definitely there for the dexcom G6, you use their follow up which sends messages to a follower, whether that is a parent's phone or a child's watch. It has limitations but isn't bad, I can talk more about it if you are interested.)

Sbakca

Welcome to the forums @Sbakca. Is she using a libre 1 or 2?

(And for what it's worth, the technology is definitely there for the dexcom G6, you use their follow up which sends messages to a follower, whether that is a parent's phone or a child's watch. It has limitations but isn't bad, I can talk more about it if you are interested.)

That sounds great EllieM, We are using Libre2. Can we get dexcom instead from NHS?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
That sounds great EllieM, We are using Libre2. Can we get dexcom instead from NHS?

Not sure, I think you may need to wait till someone knowledgeable about the libre 2 posts, unfortunately. But it looks to me that the libre 2 has the same functionality via the librelinkup app.

(And a brief run down on dexcom: My phone app for viewing results has option to add followers : readings are sent from my transmitter to my phone via bluetooth, then onto the cloud via the internet. Followers get their info from the cloud, and my husband's phone and my fitbit watch both get readings from the cloud, and alarm as necessary. My husband has set his app to only alarm if I go crazily low, though he can still views my results if he's very bored.:). Only draw back is that if my phone loses its internet connection my followers lose their signal, even though my phone is still getting the signal via bluetooth.)

But honestly you should just delve into the librelinkup app, am pretty sure it will do the same thing, just not my area of expertise.
Good luck.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

My daughter newly daignosed with type 1.
I want to find out if there is a way to monitor her glucose levels via a smartwatch? I heard there are Libre Attachments such as miaomiao, nightrider and supersapiens.
But I couldn't find any clear information how to they work. I want her to get notification on her smartwatch so she can be notified and same time I want to be notified on my smartwatch too.

thank you everyone for your support

Hi,

Have a welcome to the forum from me too.

Oooh, the Libre 2 has a different algorithm to the Libre 1. So I'd hold off investing in a Bluetooth bridge for the L2.
I've used both Miaomiao2 & Buuble with a third party app on my phone & a stand alone watch.
I monitor my own.

However, if your looking for peace of mind regarding your daughter?
It is in therory possible to set your self up as a "follower" with a very good third party phone app like Diabox or XDrip using Nightscout.

Dexcom funding on the NHS? It's rarer than the 20% of T1s getting funded for the Libre at the moment.

But, I'm pretty certain @MeiChanski was funded the Dexy. But she is a pump user.

I'll also tag in @searley formsome thoughts. He's set up some pretty swanky monitoring systems about the house?

For me, I'm just happy with a phone widget on an "at a glance" display on the dash whilst driving..

Reactions: EllieM