More LCHF progress

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Just got my latest results.

HbA1c - 38 (was 42 last October and 65 when diagnosed a year ago). This is 5.6% in old money.

Liver ALT down again from 17 to 14 (was 61 a year ago)

Total cholesterol 6.1 (was 6.0 last time) but I have no concern about that because HDL is up from 1.62 to 1.95, Trigs are down from 1.97 to 1.50, meaning the Total/HDL ratio is now 3.1 and falling, and Trigs/HDL is now 0.8 and falling. They didn't estimate LDL because they assumed it was non-fasting, but I did fast and the Friedewald equation estimates 3.7 (was 3.5, but it's only up because total has stayed much the same and HDL has increased, so I couldn't give a to$$ about that).

Reactions: 13 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good stuff Rod. It's good to hear Good News.

I was diagnosed in the same month as yourself, had my bloods taken yesterday. Our weight number are nearly the same, gone from 95 to 73 kg... not really paid too much attention to Cholesterol numbers yet.... going to ask at the review in 2 weeks..

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant results Rod. Damnation, you beat me to it, and not only that but you smashed your target! :):):):):)
I am delighted for you. No-one deserves it more.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
What excellent results. A real target for those of us newly diagnosed.

:joyful:

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Just been to see my DN. Highlights were:

I'm staying on the diabetes register otherwise I would only get tests every 5 years.

She made an interesting comment about testing for T2s who are not on Gliclazide or insulin. Some who are prescribed don't do anything with the information, they just fill in the numbers and hand it in without using the data to manage their condition. I said I tested usually about 3 times a day and was still learning how my bloods react to different circumstances. I'm paying for it anyway.

My BP was 150/75, but I'd just been for a 30 minute walk. At home my average is around 120/65, which she accepted for her records.

We talked about diet, I said I was still doing LCHF of course. I showed her Trudi Deakin's book which she spent a couple of minutes leafing through, and I mentioned that the equivalent of NICE in Sweden are abandoning their 'Eatwell Plate' in favour of something more low-carb. She then said that she couldn't understand the Eatwell Plate either, and that so much information on diabetes websites is bonkers. She must be very frustrated having to follow government guidelines when clearly she doesn't believe in them.

Finally I suggested talking to the practice, and she said I should propose it to the practice manager for one of their regular practice meetings. So I will.

Reactions: 4 people