Morning all and greetings

finn91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, constant arquing, yelling,narsistic people,
I feel like talking once more so here it goes. How everyones morning going or evening depends timezone, in here its nice sunny morning to drive, bloodsugar at 8 from finger check and libre says its 6,5 after breakfest bloodsugar from finger is 9 and libre says 6,7, morning sugars have been between 7-8 these few days, i increased my long lasting a bit so we will see what happens, i dont have low sugars when im sleeping according to libre and from fingers neither so maybe its that liver dumbing thing ive red about.

I wonder if its with everyone: i eat brekfeast and i go through the day with only brekfeasts power to dinner witch is around 16 in my timezone(honestly its been like this whole my life) but i wonder if its harmfull for diabetic to skip a meal.

Reactions: Juicyj

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi @finn91
Missing a meal is not harmful as long as your basal is right.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @finn91 Glad to hear your doing ok there.

Your levels sound pretty good so nothing to stress about there, as long as you feel you're managing ok that's the important thing. Also agree with @Diakat it's fine to miss a meal, if you're using quick acting insulin as you can do this easily no issues as your bolus is to cover just your carb intake, in fact it's good to try a fast as you can see what your basal injection is doing and if it's holding you steady or whether or not you should increase/decrease.

The libre's very useful for understanding the whole picture in regards to basal action too, keep us updated ;)