morning all

squirrel50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi not been on for a while got a tummy bug so everything went a bit weird..my numbers were high and i realise that was cos i was ill..am better and settling back to normal..keeping low carbs but dont know why im still reading high..im at clinic week after new year and am going to ask about glicazide as i dont think its agreeing with me..i forgot to take it one day and felt much better and my readings were actually low..also i read on the posts somewhere that it causes weight gain..one question as im still confused ,how many carbs am i allowed a day ie if something is 11.5 carb is that under 1 carb?

Jimbo1973

Dislikes
Beetroot, Cucumber, Radish, Prawns - and arrogant people that have no understanding of how ill you can really be without looking ill
I know how you feel squirrel about not beimg well, i'm also suffering at the moment with a throat infection and a real bad chest infection, combined with high blood pressure, which is throwing my BM's way high now.

As for carbs, i'm not the foremost expert on these, but if you are limiing yourself to say 100 carbs a day, and you have something that is 11.5 carbs, then that means you have 88.5 more to go to reach your daily maximum - i'm not counting carbs but I have reduced my carb intake and that has made a huge difference to my well being for sure.

Hope you feel better soon, I have added you to MSN as well, just need to accept me when your ready.

Jimbo

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi squirrel it's not a question of how much carbs are you allowed more how much can you eat and still maintain a good blood sugar level.Everyone is different and it really is trial and error to find your own personal intake level.A good pocket sized book is Collins gem carb counter this shows you the amount of carbs in different foods and allows you to plan your meals counting carbs.Try starting at 100 carbs per day, if this works and your blood sugar levels stay good then you have found your carb limit.If they are still high try dropping the carbs down to say 80 and keep a food diary and blood sugar readings for a week to see how you are getting on.