Morning bs 8.1

maxjoe121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive been on lchf for a few days so why is my bs high in a morning .. bit worried so any info please

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive been on lchf for a few days so why is my bs high in a morning .. bit worried so any info please
In the morning, your liver dumps glucose into the bloodstream (Dawn Phenomenon) to give you energy to start the day. So the morning readings are the last to some down, as we improve diet... Our liver's trying to help, but also a bit slow on the uptake. ;)

Reactions: Prem51
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The most likely reason is the Dawn Phenomenon. The body supplies sugar from the glucogon store to give you a kick start in the morning. This is why I have always had reservations about fasting tests.

Reactions: Pasha and Prem51
M

Member496333

Hi @maxjoe121. Depending on the severity of your hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance, it may take many weeks, months, or possibly even years to completely eliminate dawn phenomenon. In the meantime relax in the knowledge that you are rowing in the right direction to reach this goal.

maxjoe121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all, i feel better knowing all of this..love this site.. many thanks x