Morning readings on the rise

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
So I thought I'd sussed it. My Lantus was perfectly adjusted, went to bed between 6-8s and woke up 5s/6s. I take my Lantus in the morning the only annoying thing was that I had to take it at 6am (so no lie ins but small for improved health eh)

For three days now I have woken up with lovely reads, I'm bang on time with the Lantus, bolussed correctly for food I always eat yet I'm soaring into 10-12s!

The only thing different this week is I've done no exercise, just not had the time with work commitments, getting my car sorted and my young niece stayed over this weekend.

Any ideas? I'm not particularly active or rushing about that would push my levels up, it seems like insulin resistence.

I will miss breakfast tomorrow to see if it is liver dump. A couple of nights ago well after 3hrs my read was 6.6 but had the most immense fatigue and fell asleep on the couch for an hour and a half, NY husband made me test before I staggered off to bed and I was 8.1.

I do have a low grade urine infection but on 3rd and last day of antibiotics. Can the antibiotics be causing the rise? Due to take one in the morning so will see.

l0vaduck

Sanober said:
So I thought I'd sussed it. My Lantus was perfectly adjusted, went to bed between 6-8s and woke up 5s/6s. I take my Lantus in the morning the only annoying thing was that I had to take it at 6am (so no lie ins but small for improved health eh)

For three days now I have woken up with lovely reads, I'm bang on time with the Lantus, bolussed correctly for food I always eat yet I'm soaring into 10-12s!

The only thing different this week is I've done no exercise, just not had the time with work commitments, getting my car sorted and my young niece stayed over this weekend.

Any ideas? I'm not particularly active or rushing about that would push my levels up, it seems like insulin resistence.

I will miss breakfast tomorrow to see if it is liver dump. A couple of nights ago well after 3hrs my read was 6.6 but had the most immense fatigue and fell asleep on the couch for an hour and a half, NY husband made me test before I staggered off to bed and I was 8.1.

I do have a low grade urine infection but on 3rd and last day of antibiotics. Can the antibiotics be causing the rise? Due to take one in the morning so will see.

I would have thought that the infection would be the most likely thing to be causing your high numbers. I also find that exercise makes a difference, if you normally exercise a lot and then stop that could do it. Personally I wouldn't make permanent adjustments until the infection and the antibiotics were all out of my system, just do corrections. Do you do corrections?