1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Midlands & East Anglia Morning ride 2 Windsor castle

Discussion in 'Diabetes Events' started by Rockman, May 20, 2020.

1. Rockman

Rockman Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My sugar was 10.5 before the ride, After the ride my sugar dropped to 5.7 IMG_20200508_104939.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes. Low intensity steady state bike ride on a lovely morning works. Hope there wasn't too much traffic to disturb you before you got into the Great Park!
    Also glad that you are sharing your photo of you going out as IMO too many people are hunkered down in fear in this community.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Windsor Castle is a long way from the Midlands or East Anglia ?

4. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Oh ye gods, I wish I was coming with you! (I can't ride a bike to save my life, but I'd walk the heck out of the area!).

I miss the UK. I'd hoped to maybe pop over there with my husband for a week in August, do a day at Windsor (And Oakley Court, where The Rocky Horror Picture Show was taped, and a gazillion Hammer Horror movies, the studio's being on the plot next door). And in London, do Buckingham Palace, Highgate, the Tower, you know, be an absolute tourist with a bunch of camera's around my neck, as if I'd never been before. Hopefully shoot some squirrels in the parks too if they're still there, visit the cat cafe's and Forbidden Planet... But that was waaay back in February, when we didn't realise something was going to hit the fan.

You live in a wonderful country. Enjoy your rides!!! (More pics are welcome, haha. :) )
    Jo

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook