mosquito and insect bites and type2 diabetes

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'm white skinned, I break all the rules on mosquito bites, and somehow fortunately I'm still invisible to them.
I may got the odd bite very occasionally that I can feel, but it's so rare I can't remember the last one.

The best way to avoid them is to walk next to someone who gets plastered in them.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to get bitten terribly - but then I got a wasp sting - I reacted to it by having a huge pink doughnut shape on my skin, white in the centre, slightly raised up on the pink, and about 8 inches across. I leaned on the wasp and it got a good stab into me even as it was squashed. It made me feel ill, but when it eventually subsided I found that the biting insects were not so pleased to see me as they had been before. I'm not advising getting stung, but if you are it could have one good effect amongst all the others.

Reactions: Kyambala

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm white skinned, I break all the rules on mosquito bites, and somehow fortunately I'm still invisible to them.
Add this to your ability to eat anything without raising your blood sugar and you really are a special person.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
D

Deleted member 308541

You may not know this, but if you have Malaria and a "non-malaria- carrying" Mosquito bites you it is believed by the Medical Authorities that you will give that Mosquito Malaria and it now becomes a "Malaria carrying" Mosquito.

Question: Does the same hypothesis work for people with HIV and Mosquitoes?
Years ago when HIV AIDS was "breaking news" a Mt. Isa resident where we used to live was the one of the first to die from it. He got HIV AIDS from a blood transfusion.

Whether Mossies can carry the HIV AIDS virus is a good question that I cannot answer. There is one one breed Aedes aegypti, that can pass on Dengue Fever to humans here in Australia. A quote from the link is below.

There are about 20-30 mosquitoes species that may potentially play a role in the transmission of endemic pathogens such as Ross River virus. About a dozen pose a serious risk of severe nuisance-biting and the transmission of Ross River, Barmah Forest and Murray Valley encephalitis viruses. Only one mosquito currently found in Australia can transmit dengue viruses.

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I may got the odd bite very occasionally that I can feel, but it's so rare I can't remember the last one.

The best way to avoid them is to walk next to someone who gets plastered in them.

The reason you don't get bitten Douglas is because of those Mickey Mouse ears and that huge placard you carry around scares the living daylights out of them.

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Years ago when HIV AIDS was "breaking news" a Mt. Isa resident where we used to live was the one of the first to die from it. He got HIV AIDS from a blood transfusion.

Whether Mossies can carry the HIV AIDS virus is a good question that I cannot answer. There is one one breed Aedes aegypti, that can pass on Dengue Fever to humans here in Australia. A quote from the link is below.

Any medical grads wanting to do a Phd on Mosquitoes/HIV should look this up.

Kyambala

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to get bitten terribly - but then I got a wasp sting - I reacted to it by having a huge pink doughnut shape on my skin, white in the centre, slightly raised up on the pink, and about 8 inches across. I leaned on the wasp and it got a good stab into me even as it was squashed. It made me feel ill, but when it eventually subsided I found that the biting insects were not so pleased to see me as they had been before. I'm not advising getting stung, but if you are it could have one good effect amongst all the others.

Welcome back Resurgam. I read somewhere a few years ago that some USA University was doing research into the possibility of wasp/bee stings to cure Arthritis. Amazing how there always seems to be some animal which suffers the same disease as humans, or else has the cure for some human disease. This could make a good Phd subject - any takers?

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I have heard that diabetics, renal patients and various other conditions can attract mosquitoes. With diabetics its the glucose exuded in the sweat that draws them. Certain medications tend to lure mosquitoes as well.