motivation..

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey guys.. i am in serious need of some motivation tips .. any would be extremely helpful :) after ending up in hospital overnight again last weekend ive decided its really time to screw my head on straight and the first few weeks are probably going to be hard but my high sugars have gone on too long so throw all your tips and tricks at me im all eatrs :D! thanks

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It should be but its obviously not as ive been in hospital 3 times in the past 2 years...

j400jmo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who moan abut being a diabetic.
Hi

Maybe this is a little blunt, but you need to understand what complications can occur if you do not get control,
I found it tough and depressing when 1st diagnosed, and I know its not easy.
Keep friends and family closer and allow them, if they are willing to work with you to gain control.

Good luck
John

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
hey guys.. i am in serious need of some motivation tips .. any would be extremely helpful :) after ending up in hospital overnight again last weekend ive decided its really time to screw my head on straight and the first few weeks are probably going to be hard but my high sugars have gone on too long so throw all your tips and tricks at me im all eatrs :D! thanks
How about not going blind and keeping your feet ? Always works for me !

Reactions: 2 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Novowolf

It is very difficult to know what to advise when one asks for motivation. I just checked some of your other posts and see that you are rather young, female and have been a type 1 for a few years now.

As I said you are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Also I am sure that there are people in your life that care about you and that you care about them. You owe it to them but mostly you owe it to yourself and your youth to take better care of yourself and your health

Dealing with diabetes is not easy, probably a lot harder for someone who is t1 than a t2 like me. Being a young t1 diabetic must also feel unfair, when all your peers do not have a similar condition to put up with.

But whether it is hard or whether it is unfair does it really matter. What matters is to do what you have to do to control your diabetes so that you can enjoy your life free of the complications that uncontrolled diabetes brings about.

You are a diabetic but that is not all you are and it is not who you are.

Life is all about the choices we make. Make the right choice now. Respect your condition or if you do not you will find that the diabetes will start making some of these choices for you.

Be well

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Last edited by a moderator:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It appears you are unable to put in place the discipline needed; you are not alone out there but you do need help. Have you thought of contacting one of the mental health charities? This may seem over the top but they can provide counselling, CBT and other therapies which may help you set and follow thru on your targets