Moving the goalposts

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I had a rubbish day with my levels today. I was lowish before lunch (4.7) so had my soup, yoghurt and 2 x Burgen bread and I jabbed a couple of units of Novorapid. An hour later I was up at 8.5 and feeling funny. I jabbed 2 more as a correction and 30 mins later I was at 10 - with fuzzy eyesight. It then dropped to 8.2 after another half an hour.

I suspect that the first jab may have failed (scarred injection site perhaps), but the symptoms I felt at a reading of 10 were pretty difficult (blurred eyes, very sleepy). I've had readings of 18+ in the past and felt better than this.

It's as if my tolerance to high readings has fallen as I'm getting my levels down. Is that possible?

Simon

alaska

It's as if my tolerance to high readings has fallen as I'm getting my levels down. Is that possible?

I think there's some logic in that. I find that I get I feel the symptoms of high and low sugar levels at not so high and low levels that I used to.

Before, when my control was pretty haywire, I wouldn't know where my levels were regardless of whether they were very high or sometimes very low.

Since I got my control back for a number of years, my body's been much better at giving warning signs just as I'm beginning to creep high or low. I regard this as a positive sign as it allows me to catch highs and lows with my meter at an early stage.