1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Much improved HbA1c!

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by eggs11, Apr 13, 2018.

1. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Wow well done indeed.. great results.. don't be downhearted you now have something to aim for next time!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. eggs11

eggs11 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks @bulkbiker that is true! And thank you for your help in answering my questions about fasting in the past - without you I wouldn't have discovered Dr Jason Fung's work - I am now reading The Diabetes Code - I love his no-nonsense, cut to the chase, approach!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SZB2357

SZB2357 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Fantastic result @eggs11 and that too in a very short time. Enjoy :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Me too that's why he's my hero.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Expert

Congratulations Eggs11. A lovely inspitational outcome for you and us!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Jenniewren1958

Jenniewren1958 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Great result well Deserved

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. eggs11

So I'm yet again glad to have followed @Bluetit1802's advice to get my test results printed out. For the first time my cholesterol has a trigs level recorded - at 1.21 - normal - I don't know how high they were at diagnosis, just that my HDL was low then - it is a bit higher now.
    On my FBC my mean cell haemoglobin level and mean cell haemoglobin concentration levels are below range - as with every test I've had in the last few months, as well as tests for other things in prior years, so I guess that is 'normal' for me. Will check with my nurse if this could have had a bearing on the HbA1c being slightly higher than expected.
    What was lovely - and a defining moment for me today - more than even getting the figures - was seeing 'no further action required' on every single test result I'd had done. That doesn't mean I'm going to risk getting complacent, as as far as I'm concerned, there's still much more work to do, but it was nice to see.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Brilliant work @eggs11

I too use the MySugr app to estimate HbA1c and was a bit disappointed when the lab test came back a bit higher. It still monitored the general trend downwards though so I’m trying not to get too hung up on each 0.1% as it changes.

Completely agree with you and @bulkbiker about JF. I’ve just finished the Diabetes Code: a riveting book.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. eggs11

Thanks @DJC3 - overall I feel like you, I've still managed a good drop and bloods are now near normal so am happy with 42 - but I know from my fasting bg that there's more work to do - still got some fat/sugar to remove from my liver - so onwards and downwards!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

Your latest HbA1c is great , remember the HbA1c is an average of the last 3 month and you will get an even lower one next time

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Congratulations @eggs11 I’m really pleased for you. Very well deserved progress!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. eggs11

Thanks @Goonergal - experts like yourself have been great for me to learn from!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook