Multivitamins

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well my go-to for anything I don't know much about is Amazon for the reviews.. Then I Google reviews of...xyz

But Amazon doesn't stock this, however no 1 seller was vitabiotics diabetone I think

Now reviews are good.. But people seem a little mixed up,

anything you take vitamins wise will NOT be lowering your glucose, it may help you feel better less stressed so in that way if helps.

But diet and carb reduction is what works

So do vitamins work...?

Well for many magnesium gets deleted and causes severe cramps, and I went for the magnesium sprays
Sprayed and that reduced my cramps spectacularly.

So skipped the tablets, but yes that helped tremendously, so I'd say yes, we do miss out on some and supplementing can do some good.

I take some as a precaution.
But I also take B12, and that I take religiously.

If your on Metformin, the vitamins may help, but do take note of any thing you read about B12, AS METFORMIN can seriously affect that as can ageing (50+)

My go-to on here for anything vitamin wise is @Winnie53 ..a veritable Font of knowledge.

I'd look up her posts if I wanted to know more about vitamins

Hope that helps in some small way.

Best wishes.

Last edited:

tom_r_orr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well my go-to fur anything I don't much about us Amazon for the reviews.. Then I Google reviews of...xyz

But Amazon doesnt stock this, however no 1 seller was vitabiitics diabetone I think

Now reviews are good.. But people seem a little mixed up,

anything you take vitamins wise will NOT be lowering your glucose, it may help you feel better less stressed so in that way if helps.

But diet and carb reduction is what works

So do vitamins work...?

Well for many magnesium gets deleted and causes severe cramps, and I went for the magnesium sprays
Stayed and that reader my cramps spectacularly.

So skipped the tablets, but yes that helped tremendously, so I'd say yes, we do miss out on some and supplementing can do some good.

I take some as a precaution.
But I also take B12, and that I take religiously.

If your on Metformin, the vitamins may help, but do take note of any thing you read about B12, AS METFORMIN can seriously affect that as can aging (50+)

My go-to on here for anything vitamin wise is @Winnie53 ..a veritable Font of knowledge.

I'd look up her posts if I wanted to know more about vitamins

Hope that helps in some small way.

Best wishes.

Thank you for your input.

Sorry my post was a little devoid of information.

Type 2, on keto 2 years, 90% of weight gone, off metformin and statins a year ago. Don't feel as 'energetic' as I should be by now though walk 5 km a day but still feel stiff and tired. Sleep well, 8 hours a night. Not too many toilet trips now. Am 65 but feel older some days.

Now trying to replace anything that may have depleted through keto, and still have neuropathy syptoms in both feet.

For this, I tried R-ALA (R-Alpha Lipoic Acid) for 6 months with no results.

Thinking of multi vitamins just to cover any bases. Something may work!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excellent work..great stuff

mmh loss of energy?

Did you get tested for B12 ?

I did read B1 was an important vitamin as well re Nephropathy i think.
a few links in my signature if you wanted a little more detail.