Mushroom Coffee | Chaga & Lionsmane

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,

I wanted to share this one - https://us.foursigmatic.com/products/mushroom-coffee-with-lions-mane-chaga Tim Ferriss talked about it on his podcast, and mixed with butter and mct oil its fantastic, helping me achieve great bs levels & stave off urges for snacking, good mental clarity too. Its a bit dear so probably wont keep on with it, but its nice to try it, would definately like to try and make my own somehow.

Has anyone else tried it or have any thoughts on this and or bulletproof coffee?

maxresdefault.jpg

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On my not eating days I make a coffee with double cream and coconut oil which keeps me feeling full for most of the day. Not sure about mushroom coffee tho.. where's the caffeine?

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its a good drink isnt it, Im really feeling the benefits when Im strict with myself & tow the line on the low carb higher fat diet. I feel happy in myself too, it all seems to make so much sense.

The weird thing is they say its the feeling of caffeine without the jitters of a strong coffee, the site link explains it better than I could. Im about 5 sachets into a 10 sachet box and no complaints.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
If it tastes of mushroom.... Bleurgh! (As you might be able to tell, I'm not a fan of mushroom!)

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No me neither, thats why I bought it - it doesnt really taste of anything in my opinion - it would be awful if it tasted of mushrooms, its got a flavour but not far away from my normal coffee.

From the site -

4 Powerful Ingredients:

100% Arabica Coffee (1900mg)
The premium instant-coffee that we use in all of our coffee-based products is deliciously smooth 100% arabica variety, grown in the volcanic soils of Southeast Asia. It is grown at high altitudes in shade without the use of pesticides.

Dual extracted wildcrafted Siberian Chaga mushroom (250 mg)
Coffee is an acidic drink and some people can often feel a stomach burn after drinking it. Adding highly alkaline-forming chaga mushroom extract to coffee solves the acidity problem and results in a smoother taste. The flavour profiles and mouthfeel of these two are actually so close that chaga mushrooms were used as a coffee replacement during the World War II in Finland!

Powerful antioxidants, anti-viral effects and immune boosting properties from chaga mushrooms make cup of joe as healthy as it could ever be!

We use our renowned, wildcrafted chaga mushroom dual extract also in this coffee blend. To ensure the best bioavailability we have done both hot-water and alcohol extraction to the mushrooms and standardized the final product to contain at least 30% polysaccharides (15%+ beta-glucans) and 2% triterpenes. And as always, our pure spray-dried extract powders don’t contain any sugars, fillers or carriers.
Dual extracted Lion’s Mane mushroom (250 mg)
These delicious mushrooms have been used for hundreds of years in Traditional Chinese Medicine for their brain-boosting properties. Recent science has focused on lion’s mane’s exceptional effects on the regeneration of our nervous system. Coffee can be an outstanding productivity booster, but even more so when enhanced with a good lion’s mane extract!

The natural nootropic (cognitive boosting) effects of lion’s mane work hand in hand with the increased productivity caused by coffee’s stimulation, giving you the perfect state of mind.

Our lion’s mane mushroom extract is made by dual extracting the wood-grown fruiting bodies and then spray-drying it without any fillers or carriers. The final extract powder is standardized to 30% polysaccharide (15%+ beta-glucan) content.
Wild rhodiola root
Rhodiola root is one of the most potent adaptogens and well known for its effects on our nervous system, stress levels and brain functioning. It can help improve one’s concentration, memory and alertness.

Our rhodiola roots are collected wild from the mountains of Tibet and extracted in water and alcohol to increase the absorption.

Reactions: Speedbird