Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
First Single - The Who - You Better You Bet
First Album - The Clash - Give Em Enough Rope
First Concert - Elvis Costello (with support from The Pogues) at The Hammersmith Palais

Pretty cool eh? Lucky I didn't tell you about asking for (and getting) the Barry Manilow greatest hits album in amongst all that. Doh...

esmecullen

First single - I dont think I ever bought any

First Album - Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Pink Floyd

First concert - Nick Drake at a club in Camberidge (1971 - possibly 1972 cant remember exactly) but first big one was Isle of Wight 1970

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
First single: Rave On - Buddy Holly
First album: Big Hits - Rolling Stones
First concert: Bo Diddley Truly amazing guitarist.

I'm another who bought Green Onions :D

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I still like Buddy Holly. You can sing along with him - not like modern pop.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Baby Granddaughter Amelie has really "tuned in" to Swing era music. We dance together round the living room. She keeps in time. Maybe I'll get her some ballroom stuff if the charity shop has some when we call in.

gefmayhem

Dislikes
salad
Single Whole Lotta Love by CCS
LP Kimono My House by Sparks
Concert Queen Dundee Caird Hall about 1973, Sheer Heart Attack had just come out.

Still into all kinds of music, Classical to Death Metal
Last single (download) The Rezillos No1 Boy
New CD Caravan, in the Land of Grey and Pink
2nd hand CD Black Crowes, Lions
Concert Rezillos Perth 2009
Next concert George Thorogood and the Destroyers Southampton on Saturday

Trinkwasser

gefmayhem said:
New CD Caravan, in the Land of Grey and Pink

I remember when that first came out!

First Album - Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Pink Floyd

First concert - Nick Drake at a club in Camberidge (1971 - possibly 1972 cant remember exactly) but first big one was Isle of Wight 1970

Ah nostalgia!

John Martyn being handed a succession of joints from the audience, that would have been around then too.

Dislikes
Not being able to have chocolate or alcohol without feeling like a death sentence is being passed!
Blimey I haven't been on here for a while, and I'm very pleased to see how this thread grew while I was away!

Its like yes we have diabetes but we're still human beings that want to enjoy life and be "normal".

I for one couldn't live without music its my inspiration and it makes me feel good :)

Next gig I'm off too is Blur in Manchester on June 26th and I can't WAIT! I saw them a few times back in the day. Ahhh Lovely Damon...:)

Sandy
xx

Dynamite

Dislikes
Depressed People, Girls my age who think everything is about them and always whine about "Awwwwww, he's cheating on me!" and blah, blah, blah..
Hey there,

I just started a thread asking about what music people liked, what flavour of the month they have etc. and then I see those. What a pain.. :p

As stated in my forum, I'm more of a Heavy/Power/Speed/Epic Metal person, although I can enjoy other music very much as well!

I've never actualyl been to a single gig, but hopefully that won't be the case at some point (in my life! lol)

I'll read through the rest of this thread and get back to the subject of other peoples music soon! lol

Doug.

gefmayhem

Dislikes
salad
Hi Doug
I don't know where in Perthshire you are, but he Corinna in Perth has had a few gigs recently, I saw the Rezillos there in Feb.
Its a rubbish venue but the best available.
I believe a few tribute band will play Blairgowrie and other smaller places, they are often worth seeing.
I'm working in Southampton and have see a few tribute bands down here.
Whole Lotta Led are playing Scotland this year but so far Inverness, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow, but they do play smaller venues.

Get to a gig if you can, I saw my first band about 35 years ago and still go as often as I can.

Dynamite

Dislikes
Depressed People, Girls my age who think everything is about them and always whine about "Awwwwww, he's cheating on me!" and blah, blah, blah..
If Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Demons and Wizards, Hammerfall, Dragonland, Slayer or Daft Punk play nearby, I'll see them. :p

They're my flavour of this month, mainly. :)

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Dynamite said:
If Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Demons and Wizards, Hammerfall, Dragonland, Slayer or Daft Punk play nearby, I'll see them. :p

They're my flavour of this month, mainly. :)

Wow :!: :evil: We move in different worlds :roll:

Today my "New Festival Choir" is singing at the opening event of the Hounslow Older Peoples' Festival.

Our songs include: I dreamed a dream; Down town; Send in the clowns ....

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Our singing went well, but we don't recommend the Waterman's Theatre. They called the choir & kept us waiting for nearly an hour in dressing rooms with only a few chairs for 35 elderly people.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Re: Priory Clinic

Thirsty, How did you know I was preparing a presentation on Paul Robeson :?: Thursday 8-10 p.m.

Did the CIA Poison Paul Robeson?
Robeson left Moscow for London, where he was admitted to Priory Hospital. There he was turned over to psychiatrists who forced him to endure 54 electro-shock treatments. At the time, electro-shock, in combination with psycho-active drugs, was a favored technique of CIA behavior modification. It turned out that the doctors treating Robeson in London and, later, in New York were CIA contractors.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Thirsty said:
Ian, sue the theatre and book the choir into the Priory clinic for exhaustion.

:wink:
My wife has heard some news about "Britain's Got Talent" which accounts for your suggestion. We haven't seen any of it.

salsasue

A lot of different types, from Rock to Classical with all and a bit of everything in between! Splinters in my bottom from sitting on the fence aside (OUCH! :lol: ), really whatever I'm in the mood to listen to at the time, y'know? :)

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
My Paul Robeson presentation was well received last night. Started with a film clip of Showboat, with Paul singing Old Man River. That was a challenge as the You-tube sound quality was poor, so I used my digicam to film the screen while playing a CD. The lip-sync was spot on :!:

Some of my audience had seen him. His last performance in England was about 1960. One at the beginning had seen & heard him in St Paul's Cathedral, & I had a clip of that occasion to show. The clip of Barak Obama had people chuckling.

I'd like to offer it to other organisations. Hounslow's theatre is named after him, but few remember him.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
My Paul Robeson presentation was well received last night. Started with a film clip of Showboat, with Paul singing Old Man River. That was a challenge as the You-tube sound quality was poor, so I used my digicam to film the screen while playing a CD. The lip-sync was spot on :!:

Some of my audience had seen him. His last performance in England was about 1960. One at the beginning had seen & heard him in St Paul's Cathedral, & I had a clip of that occasion to show. The clip of Barak Obama had people chuckling.

I'd like to offer it to other organisations. Hounslow's theatre is named after him, but few remember him.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Back from the monthly "Open Mike" evening at the tennis club. Everyone else sang to amplified guitars. I took my Indian harmonium.

I am championing Paul Robeson & sang "No more Auction Block" (from the civil war) & to show how much [how little :( ] conditions in the south had changed in 60 years, followed it up with "Old Man River."