My Diabetes My Way .. Scotland

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yes its brilliant.

However as of April 2015 all patients in England should be able to access their records on line...some GP Practices like ours are waiting for EMIS to update the system for access to records for notes and tests etc. We will have more access and the GPs will have to hsve a vslud reason for it being detrimental to our health if they refuse us access...

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Super, for those down in England now. I wonder if it will have the same format as the Scottish one ?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
It won't be full access... Some notes are coded (or not coded). We will only have access to certain notes but it is at least a step in right direction...

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
O dear ... Just had a standard email from Mydiabetes my way .. Recommending that I look at their diet sheets .. And yes .. I am recommend to eat ... Bananas..oranges ..bread..pasta..rice ..bread .. To stay healthy and keep my blood sugars down ... This is the same advice I was given when first told I was T2 .. Stupidly I followed the advice and took my bs from 6.0 to 23.0 :dead:.... Still the site is good for getting your blood test results on line :(

Cat166

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I find the website not very user friendly at all. Certainly far from instant responses

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Signed up yonks ago , got to say in my experience Scotland is advanced in many things regarding my medical issues ,
Could say it’s fandabby dosy