My Drs advice

tangram

Just seen my Doc regarding a sore foot but it was OK just a bit of tendinitis, However I spoke about the wrong diet advice I was given by their dietician 4 years ago, and said I had found this website last night and am going on a low carb, low GI food diet no-matter what he said. I said to him how can 30,000 diabetics be wrong and their dietician be right ? Guess what...he totally agreed and said officially the NHS Line is eat carbs, but I should go ahead with his approval !!!!!

Thank you for your posts.......

Sever

i know what you mean my gp is a miserable abrupt man and doesnt want to hear me out at all and does not offer advice so from now on ill listen on here ive had so much info from everyrone on here well done for telling him :thumbup:

Defren

tangram said:
Just seen my Doc regarding a sore foot but it was OK just a bit of tendinitis, However I spoke about the wrong diet advice I was given by their dietician 4 years ago, and said I had found this website last night and am going on a low carb, low GI food diet no-matter what he said. I said to him how can 30,000 diabetics be wrong and their dietician be right ? Guess what...he totally agreed and said officially the NHS Line is eat carbs, but I should go ahead with his approval !!!!!

Thank you for your posts.......

I know this is an older post, but as I have said here before, my GP also supports low carb. He is trying to secure a grant to study low carb T2 diabetics. He like most of us here is doubtful it will be granted, but we have to live in hope. The annoying things is, he is not allowed to encourage or even suggest a low carb approach, he must toe the NHS line, so he chooses not to offer dietary advice, but if you say it's what you are doing, he will as I say offer full unequivocal support.