My Fiasp Experiment

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, today I start my Fiasp experiment :)
When I went to see the consultant about a week ago I asked about changing to Fiasp due to Novorapids very very slow response at times, so I've just taken my first dose of Fiasp and my Libre will be being used every 20-30 mins to double check how its going :)

Luckily I can work from home if needed and my boss has said yes it's fine to work from home this week whilst I sort out the new doses etc - well I kinda said I didn't feel safe driving until I'd had a chance to sort out doses (and its about 40ish mins each way getting to/from work - presuming there's no big holdups on the M4). I think I've been using Novorapid for about 15-20 years.

So yeah, here goes :)

Last edited:

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks both :)
The first day was a bit up and down - but then I was trying to make sure I didn't take too much so was probably taking less than I should - we're onto the rework out the carbs ratios effort now- which possibly wasn't helped by having a pizza last night.

Timostags

Well, today I start my Fiasp experiment :)
When I went to see the consultant about a week ago I asked about changing to Fiasp due to Novorapids very very slow response at times, so I've just taken my first dose of Fiasp and my Libre will be being used every 20-30 mins to double check how its going :)

Luckily I can work from home if needed and my boss has said yes it's fine to work from home this week whilst I sort out the new doses etc - well I kinda said I didn't feel safe driving until I'd had a chance to sort out doses (and its about 40ish mins each way getting to/from work - presuming there's no big holdups on the M4). I think I've been using Novorapid for about 15-20 years.

So yeah, here goes :)

How's the experiment going?
I'm thinking of asking to change from Novo to fiasp for the same reasons.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How's the experiment going?
I'm thinking of asking to change from Novo to fiasp for the same reasons.
It's not going too bad so far, looks like I need the same dosages as I did Novorapoid and it does seem to work a bit faster, though just like the Novorapid it sometimes it also takes longer than expected - but that may be due to having 50k+ injections over the years so I may have areas that just don't work quite as well - am staying well clear of the obvious lipos though .

But yeah looks to be working better than Novorapid so far - though it's still only day 6 so its still early days, still got some rollercoasters but so far not as high as before - but I have a distinct suspicion I will never ever get the flat libre lines that some get.

Reactions: kitedoc and kev-w

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
It's not going too bad so far, looks like I need the same dosages as I did Novorapoid and it does seem to work a bit faster, though just like the Novorapid it sometimes it also takes longer than expected - but that may be due to having 50k+ injections over the years so I may have areas that just don't work quite as well - am staying well clear of the obvious lipos though .

But yeah looks to be working better than Novorapid so far - though it's still only day 6 so its still early days, still got some rollercoasters but so far not as high as before - but I have a distinct suspicion I will never ever get the flat libre lines that some get.
The flat liners are VERY seldom lol. I have been on Fiasp for a fair few months now and it is sooooo much better the NovoSluggish. It starts working for me within 10 mins. I rarely get my meter being nice to me and saying Hi (unless I miss count my carbs OR forget to take the Fiasp lol). Also finding I am using roughly the same amount of Fiasp as I was Sluggish

Reactions: kev-w and Rokaab