My first test figures

Livewire27

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bought a meter to check my levels - GP said I had moved on from pre-diabetic to diabetic. My pre breakfast levels for 2 days are at 7.1 and down to 5.4 2 hours after breakfast ,and then 6.9 before bed. Are these figures OK? Having a test at surgery this week.

Thanks for advice - all these numbers are very confusing

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with Jack, and would add that the higher you are at bedtime, the higher you will be in the morning in general. Your bedtime reading is a little high and could be due to what you ate and drank for your evening meal and/or supper. For the time being you might like to aim for 6 and under at bedtime and morning.

When did you do your morning test? it is best to do it as soon as you get up. If you get up, shower or potter about first your levels are likely to have increased even though you haven't eaten anything because your liver could have dumped glucose into your system. This is known as Liver Dump or Dawn Phenomenon and there are plenty of threads about this on the forums as well as information on the net via Google.

Livewire27

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So do my readings look pre-diabetic or definitely type 2?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is impossible to say, Livewire. Did you have an HbA1c test when diagnosed?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What were you told when you were diagnosed? Were you given any blood sugar levels? It is a good idea to ask for print outs of your blood results for future reference and so you know where you are coming from.