My food struggles continue..

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I have had to take some “different” measures when it comes to eating.

As has been well documented on here I have struggles with food and am now seeing a dietician, although not until May.

My weight has stabilised for now. I’ve put on a pound, lost a pound, gained half a pound and lost it again.

But I am still not interested in food and find myself leaving half of what I cook.

So, I suppose it’s better that I do eat something than not eat at all.

I have had some chips, eaten some bread, had some “real” cake and I have found a palatable low sugar ice cream. But I can’t say I face any of it with enthusiasm. It’s eating for the sake of eating.

My operation is next Friday and I don’t know how I will feel after that. I will be signed off for a couple of weeks to recuperate and can’t lift anything heavier than a kettle for six weeks so heavy shopping bags will be a no-no.

Don’t know what I will eat.

But I suppose almost anything is better than nothing, right ?.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like your approach, and your courage and determination. All the best for your operation. DH had three hernia operations in two years a couple of years ago - different ones, but they had to do them one at a time as it was open surgery, not keyhole.

Keep me updated. Best wishes.I will be thinking of you.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I like your approach, and your courage and determination. All the best for your operation. DH had three hernia operations in two years a couple of years ago - different ones, but they had to do them one at a time as it was open surgery, not keyhole.

Keep me updated. Best wishes.I will be thinking of you.
Thank you. I will do my best.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
@Patrick66 I really hope you can get to a more stable place soon and that this op goes well too considering how long you have been waiting on this!