My Gastric Band Diary

helen louise

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
3rd band fill last night, I now have 6.25 ml in a 10ml band

So I can now "treat" myself for a couple of days as I need to stick to soft foods for a couple of days
Lunch today will be a faggot & some mushy peas!
Dinner will be shepherds pie with a little mashed potato
Tomorrow, jacket spud & cheese, fish & well cooked veg before going back to normal food on thursday

twinkle1980

helen louise said:
why on earth are faggots without the s classed as offensive?
It's a slang derogatory term for someone (usually applied to men) who is homosexual.

Personally nothing could induce me to eat faggots (talking the food here!), but being a Yorkshire lass at the roots I love a good savoury duck - similar to faggots but much much nicer! :grin:

helen louise

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
oh fair enough, can't believe people still use terms like that! :?

These are homemade faggots, wouldn't eat the shop bought ones for love nor money :lol:

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Helen

Just wondering how you are getting on as you havent posted for a month. Hope you are getting on ok. :)

helen louise

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

sorry for the delay, been very poorly as the shingles came back for a second time & then I developed pleurisy,
no weight loss so far which isn't surprising as I have hardly moved for the last two months but thankfully I am now on the mend :)
I now have 7.25ml in my band & have plenty of restriction but that doesn't help when you aren't moving & eating rubbish!

Some sun might be nice!

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Helen

It is almost 3 months now since your last posting. Just wondering how you are getting on and whether or not you are pleased that you took the decision to have a gastric band fitted.

Do hope you are ok.

Judith x :)