My GP pratice is unbelievable

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a phone call from a nurse at the surgery telling me that they were going mark me down as resolved. She got short shrift from me as you can imagine. I asked why nobody from the surgery had ever asked me how I managed my diabetes and I wanted to remain as 'in remission'.
There are quite a few people on this forum who have met myself and John and I would like to tell you that John's Parkinsons is now much worse and he now has dementia. He is going to have a scan to see if he has Lewy Body dementia. I do hope he hasn't as it is really horrible.

Carol

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Carol, I am so sorry to hear this. Rooting for John. You must both be so worried.

Regarding the resolved/remission thing - will it affect your access to monitoring?
(I am afraid the R/R thinking always confuses me, and I lose track of what means what in terms of the NHS. I just take the view that once you have had dysfunctional glucose control and IR, you ain't never going back to 'normal' eating, or you go back to dysfunction)

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Had a phone call from a nurse at the surgery telling me that they were going mark me down as resolved. She got short shrift from me as you can imagine. I asked why nobody from the surgery had ever asked me how I managed my diabetes and I wanted to remain as 'in remission'.
There are quite a few people on this forum who have met myself and John and I would like to tell you that John's Parkinsons is now much worse and he now has dementia. He is going to have a scan to see if he has Lewy Body dementia. I do hope he hasn't as it is really horrible.

Carol
Goodness above Carol I am so sorry to hear about John, fingers crossed that doesn’t turn out to be the case for him and that he can at least have a less dramatic decline and a good life.

In regards to resolved, will this mean revoking anything from you too? I always worry when they used resolved than remission because it oddly sounds like they are washing their hands of you.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to hear this @carol43 best wishes to you and John. Must be very difficult and worrying for both of you. Hugs from me.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Carol

Hi Carol, my records are marked as Resolved, and I'm OK with that. I still have an annual A1c, but can have more frequently if I ask. I still have eye screening. I only ever had by feet checked once (since 2013), so I don't really miss that.

What are your fears over the Resolved status?

I'm so sorry to hear about John. Hopefully he won't have Lewy Body dementia. I only learned about it about 18 months ago, when I attended a patient participation conference, where I met with lots of people who were championing their own health and social interests in their communities.

I wish you both well.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry to hear about John’s failing health, please accept my best wishes for you both xx

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Carol, my records are marked as Resolved, and I'm OK with that. I still have an annual A1c, but can have more frequently if I ask. I still have eye screening. I only ever had by feet checked once (since 2013), so I don't really miss that.

What are your fears over the Resolved status?

I'm so sorry to hear about John. Hopefully he won't have Lewy Body dementia. I only learned about it about 18 months ago, when I attended a patient participation conference, where I met with lots of people who were championing their own health and social interests in their communities.

I wish you both well.

They told me that they would stop monitoring me. I wasn't having that.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Did you ask exactly what that meant? I don't think it's possible to come off the retinal screening programme once on it, for example).

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you ask exactly what that meant? I don't think it's possible to come off the retinal screening programme once on it, for example).

I will ask when I next have my thyroid check.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's what the "resolved" classification is meant to be ... Should only be used for those mis-diagnosed , at least that's what NICE or the NHS (can't recall say) .
I got the "resolved" patients amended to "in remission" at our surgery as they, and the area diabetes nurse, also agreed they had been incorrectly classified.

Reactions: Dark Horse