My gut feels like a rollercoaster. Won't stop gurgling.

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My blood sugar is at 11.8 and ketones are at 0.2. My blood sugar has come down a lot since last night when it was at 21.6.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is your employer aware of your gut problem, and the diarrhoea? Have you sent a stool sample for testing, because this would be a public health issue, particularly as you work in a food outlet? Seriously, this could beva real problem.

also, are you trying to tell us that you are a subjected to domestic abuse? You have mentioned your parents disregard for your wellbeing more than once?

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Is your employer aware of your gut problem, and the diarrhoea? Have you sent a stool sample for testing, because this would be a public health issue, particularly as you work in a food outlet? Seriously, this could beva real problem.

also, are you trying to tell us that you are a subjected to domestic abuse? You have mentioned your parents disregard for your wellbeing more than once?

Yes they are aware of the problem and are concerned about my health. I don't think it's domestic abuse, they just don't want me in hospital.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes they are aware of the problem and are concerned about my health. I don't think it's domestic abuse, they just don't want me in hospital.
Thanks @akindrat18 your posts did have me concerned for your welfare.
Though I am also concerned about the public health aspect of you going to work with diarrhoea and, of course, your unresolved health issues. It appears to me that you need to be more assertive with your GP, your employer, and (I know it is difficult) your parents. You should be able to decide what your meals are. You should be able to get to know what tests are being undertaken, and the results, and what sort of action plan is to be putninnplace.All the stress cannot be good for your health.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We're all different, but I suffer from ibs, and 2 consecutive days of salad is enough to set it off. Also, i don't know which type of lettuce you're eating, but iceberg is well known for causing problems for a lot of people with ibs. Maybe give salad a miss for a day or two, and it might be worth trying dairy and gluten free food for a while to see if that helps. Trial and error really to see what helps, and what causes problems.

First.Officer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"My blood sugar has come down a lot since last night when it was at 21.6."

Sadly my man, that's likely a huge part of your issues. I know only too well, as pre-diagnosis (58 mol/mmol), i had very similar gastric issues. The likely 'cure' here is to restrict the carb intake and exercise (if your not already?) - the KFC and Pasta etc., once in say a month - no more, less is better. Its tough giving up the foods we love - it annoys me - but works.