1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

My highest bg level

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by chrisdoh1983, Dec 30, 2013.

1. chrisdoh1983

chrisdoh1983 Type 2 · Active Member

Hello,

hope everyone had a merry and healthy xmas

My bg level was at 21.5 on boxing day, I was shocked as I felt quite ok, I was a tad thirsty but did not feel ill at all or maybe I am always that ill that I don't notice the difference anymore lol.

Yesterday my bg was at 13.5 after my metformim then was up 15.1 (fasting) so I drank almost 2 litres of water to try and bring it down, it then went to 7.3 after a couple of hours.

2. carraway

carraway Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi

What had you been eating?
    Are you overweight?

I think you may be better off with a long walk to brig it down rather than water.

Cara

3. chrisdoh1983

chrisdoh1983 Type 2 · Active Member

Hi

I must admit I had forgotten to take my med in the morning and then proceeded to grab a big mac whilst out at the sales, so in all fairness it was not managed properly and entirely my own fault, so bit of a pointless rant on my part. I was just surprised it was so high and I felt 'ok'

No I am not overweight which is one the reasons my GP is confused as to which type I have.

4. Andy12345

Andy12345 Type 2 · Expert

i was 25 and apart from being thirsty had no idea, i think if your body gets used to being high you cant always tell :( good reason to avoid big macs though :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sarah69

Sarah69 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I was 27.5 on Xmas day, highest I've ever been!

6. smidge

smidge LADA · Well-Known Member

With a spike like that Chris, I'd say there's a good chance you have LADA rather than Type 2.

Smidge

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook