My latest HbA1c results ...

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my HbA1c done around 2 weeks ago. Was rather nervous as I spent most of August in France where I couldn’t resist the bread and pasties ... but did walk 10,000 steps every day. Still wasn’t looking forward to blood results though ...

But it came back as 5.3 :):) pretty darn happy about it!

It shows that low carbing, exercise and no meds can help you get type II under control.

Thanks for the many many people here who have supported and helped me - couldn’t have done it without this forum.

Now for some Comte cheese and Malbec wine to celebrate!

Andrew

PS hope I posted this in the right place mods?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fantastic! Well done. As for your French bread and pastries you can now look on that as your treat, back to the grindstone young man! Lol

Reactions: RFSMarch

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic! Well done. As for your French bread and pastries you can now look on that as your treat, back to the grindstone young man! Lol

Oh ok, and if you call me a young man I’ll do anything you tell me :):)

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
hell yeah. Great work. Keep showing the way

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @PenfoldAPD . According to your signature that looks to be your best so far?

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Our son lives in France, we spend a month with him, his wife and our grandchildren every year. Yes, the bread and pastries are hard to resist (especially in our case as our wonderful French DIL is a fabulous pastry chef) but you just have to do it! Yes, I walk to the Epicerie every day with our gorgeous grand-children, and some days I can't resist breaking an inch off the end of the 'Rustic Pain' but that's all. Why would you want more? That's the stuff that made you ill! I have to confess, I really don't get it! Certain foodstuffs, in any quantity, are off the menu for ever, is it really that hard? Just had a gorgeous dinner of a salmon steak, a big bunch of asparagus and spring greens, braised in loads of butter, poured on top as a sauce. Just gorgeous, delicious, satisfying, tasty, luscious. Where's the hardship? Lusting for carbs? Just get over it, it's poison.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our son lives in France, we spend a month with him, his wife and our grandchildren every year. Yes, the bread and pastries are hard to resist (especially in our case as our wonderful French DIL is a fabulous pastry chef) but you just have to do it! Yes, I walk to the Epicerie every day with our gorgeous grand-children, and some days I can't resist breaking an inch off the end of the 'Rustic Pain' but that's all. Why would you want more? That's the stuff that made you ill! I have to confess, I really don't get it! Certain foodstuffs, in any quantity, are off the menu for ever, is it really that hard? Just had a gorgeous dinner of a salmon steak, a big bunch of asparagus and spring greens, braised in loads of butter, poured on top as a sauce. Just gorgeous, delicious, satisfying, tasty, luscious. Where's the hardship? Lusting for carbs? Just get over it, it's poison.

We all choose to manage our condition our own way. I work my butt off 11 months of the year - am I not allowed to relax for 3 weeks of the year and enjoy some bread (maybe 3 times in a week!!!), and the occasional pastry - (maybe 1 a week!)? I was thankfully my HbA1c is 5.3 and happy - and wanted to share it with this forum. Maybe it was my mistake to post this and mention that I actually ate, and enjoyed, carbs. I’m not stupid, I know they are not good for managing my condition but I believe in strong control - with moderation.

I think calling it poison is pretty extreme but we all have our own opinions. And personally I don’t believe some foodstuffs are off the menu forever - life as a diabetic is about moderation. I very rarely eat carbs, I exercise every single day - and you say I’m not allowed to eat cake maybe 3 times a year????

Thank you for your comment though - maybe I’ll keep my thoughts on occasionally enjoying carbs to myself in the future though.

trimanfour

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Diet only
Good progress, well done! Remember, insulin resistance is the 600 pound gorilla in the room, not just Hba1c.
Fasting insulin level below 8 is much more important than sugar Hba1c of 5.3