My Son travelling around the world by push bike

Rosejingles

Lee is on his bike journey . Tired but good so far.
IMG-20210623-WA0002.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: filly and EllieM

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Good luck to Lee - hope he has safe travels :)

Reactions: Rosejingles

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I read this with interest and I want to wish you luck but also to point you to something that you may not be aware of.
The NHS only has a duty to supply medication for three months to someone out of the country. After that a GP can decide not to prescribe.
Please bare this in mind.

Good luck to him

Reactions: filly
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My son is type 1, I am proud of him as he has always tried not to let his diabetes get in the way of his life. And he has gone through many challenges . He has succeeded in solo skydiving. Deep sea diving . Wild camping , rock climbing and white water kayaking. He has an insulin pump. He is my hero, I just wanted to post this, to give anyone that needs it a little boost and inspiration ti say you can do as oppose to you cant do. In a few days he will be flying to Puerto Rico with his pushbike and enough insulin to last one year . He Hope's to stay travel for five years and cycle around the world. He is on Instagram for this adventure. Stay positive and have yourselves an adventure too
Hello I am planning on cycle around the world next month as a type 1 do you have you sons Instagram I would like to pick his brains about his trip?