My Story

Tijn

Hello,

My name is Tijn.
I'm from the Netherlands and new to this forum. Currently 16 years old.
I have diabetes for now 3 years and have a "insulin pump"

So first of all my hobbies are playing football and playing games on the xbox or computer. I don't have active diabetes forums in my country, so that's why I used "Google" for a diabetes forum, And I think this forum is active.

I still can't deal my diabetes. When I got diabetes, 3 years ago at the point I did everything without any problem for around 3 months I think. The hardest part for me is checking my blood sugar. Last month I checked 12 blood sugars in the whole month... And I have to do 4 a day at least. I try to pick it up now but it's really hard for me. Even though my blood sugar check thing is bad, giving insulin with my pump is not going bad. (Never had problems with using my pump anytime) I like someone to talk to even though i'm not speaking English so good as you do haha. Just send me a Private Message if u want to talk with me. I would like!

Tijn

(ps:sorry for my bad english...)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not a pump user but welcome to the forum Tijn :)

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Welcome from me too Tijn.

You will find this forum a friendly place and if you have any problems,some excellent advice too.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Tijn said:
Hello,

My name is Tijn.

So first of all my hobbies are playing football and playing games on the xbox or computer. I don't have active diabetes forums in my country, so that's why I used "Google" for a diabetes forum, And I think this forum is active.

I still can't deal my diabetes. When I got diabetes, 3 years ago at the point I did everything without any problem for around 3 months I think. The hardest part for me is checking my blood sugar. Last month I checked 12 blood sugars in the whole month... And I have to do 4 a day at least. I try to pick it up now but it's really hard for me. Even though my blood sugar check thing is bad, giving insulin with my pump is not going bad. (Never had problems with using my pump anytime) I like someone to talk to even though i'm not speaking English so good as you do haha. Just send me a Private Message if u want to talk with me. I would like!

Tijn

Hello and a big welcome Tijn :wave:

It must of been so hard for a teenager to cope with all this diabetic stuff ( I was 31 when diagnosed) so hormones flying all over the place, why you? and you just want toi be like your friends. There are younger people on the forum too, I'm sure you will make some new friends and if you need any help or advice, there is always someone who will try to help and be supported.
We are all in this together..... what ever age.

Best wishes, take care. Ps Your English is good, don't worry about that and I have always wanted to go to the Netherlands, it sounds a lovely and interesting country, my daughter has a pen pal there.

All the best RRB :)

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Hi Tijn, welcome to the forum. You're English is very good !

Tijn

Robinredbreast said:
Tijn said:
Hello,

My name is Tijn.

Tijn

Hello and a big welcome Tijn :wave:

It must of been so hard for a teenager to cope with all this diabetic stuff ( I was 31 when diagnosed) so hormones flying all over the place, why you? and you just want toi be like your friends. There are younger people on the forum too, I'm sure you will make some new friends and if you need any help or advice, there is always someone who will try to help and be supportive.
We are all in this together..... what ever age.

Best wishes, take care. Ps Your English is good, don't worry about that and I have always wanted to go to the Netherlands, it sounds a lovely and an interesting country, my daughter has a pen pal there.

All the best RRB :)

Thank you REALLY appreciate it!