My Sugr App

Eddie65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Can't say
Hi everyone, hope you are all well? I was wondering if any of you use the my sugr (my sugar) app?

If you do, would you mind sharing your experience of the estimated Hba1c levels it provides?

Interested to know how accurate (or otherwise!) It is.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thought it was brilliant. Turn off the annoying sounds and you're golden. I found the hba1c estimate to be a couple out, but it is good enough to assess how you are trending. Not used it in over a year but still pay for the premium version because I want to support it.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Eddie
I’ve used MySugr since diagnosis 4 and a half years ago. As @xfieldok says, turn off the silly sounds and it becomes much more ‘grown up’. The accuracy of the estimated HbA1c depends how many finger prick tests you do per day. I’ve always tested before eating and 2 hours after, to check my levels have gone down quickly after a meal. This way means I’m only putting in ‘good’ readings never the peak, so the HbA1c est. is always lower than my lab tests, anywhere between 2 - 4 mmols/mol, I find. It’s good for watching trends rather than absolute values and it’s a good incentive seeing it drop, or a motivation for tightening up if it starts to creep up.

Eddie65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Can't say
Thanks both, I agree, the noise was so irritating..... turned it off within 5 mins of setting it up :):):)

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also test regularly- I find it motivating and well as informative.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As with everyone else, I found it estimated lower than my actual lab result, but for watching trends and monitoring foods it is fine.

I LOATHE the 'gamification' of it though, and I'm someone who has used Duolingo for years. If you turn off all the noise though and ignore the animations it's fine.