MY TURN TO CELEBRATE!!

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks again, everyone! I celebrated last night with zoodles and ground beef/veg filled homemade pasta sauce "blushed" with 18% cream, with lovely artichokes, kalamata olives and Parmesan strips thrown into the mix - lovely! Topped it off with a square of Lindt 70% dark chocolate and happily went to bed with a bs of 6.3:) A good day!! Cheers/L

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@lindijanice well done! Your weight loss and general attitude are inspirational.
I love reading success stories like yours and completely agree with you about the forum, such a helpful and supportive bunch of people.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey All, Just had a call this afternoon from my surprised and enthused Nurse Practioner! My HBA1c was 6.6 from 7.2 due to the low carbing! She was very skeptical when at 7.2 she was preaching another med and I refused and said I was doing LCHF with the intent to eventually get off Metformin - been at 2000mg/day for 17 years! So, today, we decided I would go to 1000mg/day. All other blood work was "wonderful" and "Whatever you are doing, keep doing it" was her goodbye:) Indeed I shall - still "just" losing weight slowly, but hoping that by birthday I can celebrate 90 lb weight loss - just hit the 80 lb loss:)

I've said it before and will say it again that this Forum has been a God send for me and I couldn't have accomplished all this without the kindness and support of all of you on here. Having had such poor control and attitude towards my diabetes for so many years, I never would have thought that maybe I could succeed as well. Thank you all so very much - hugs and blessings/L

You are Amazing Wow

Reactions: lindijanice

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow 80lb is a lot! Good job! I'm sure you will make it to 90 soon, you are so close :)

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
Hey @eggs11, I think the secret has been eliminating sugars, carbs, grains, low fat stuff - the usual suspects. When I had my greatest weight loss I was also caffeine free, which I have allowed back into my life as my "guilty pleasure" but keeping it under control. Also the biggest side effect of LCMF for me has been having the strength to meet the devilish negative narrative that has ranted in my head for nigh onto 50 years. Why do I attribute that to low carbing? Because I am never hungry and when I get a "nudge" to cheat, fail, throw in the towel, I now see that I am worth looking after, I am in control and make my decisions about what to eat or not to eat and I can squelch that narrative before I listen too long and start to second guess myself. That is empowering like nothing else. Hope that helps/L
Wow! You sound exactly like I feel. It's difficult when you've spent so much of your life being told that low fat is good and high fat is the work of the devil. I tried to lose weight with SW but being on insulin and steroids made it virtually impossible. Being told that I should eat as much rice, pasta and potatoes as I liked was obviously the wrong advice for diabetics.
Well done on your fabulous weight loss, I hope to be somewhere near your 80 lb loss sometime in the next 6 months. Deb x

Reactions: Prem51

Sam50

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey All, Just had a call this afternoon from my surprised and enthused Nurse Practioner! My HBA1c was 6.6 from 7.2 due to the low carbing! She was very skeptical when at 7.2 she was preaching another med and I refused and said I was doing LCHF with the intent to eventually get off Metformin - been at 2000mg/day for 17 years! So, today, we decided I would go to 1000mg/day. All other blood work was "wonderful" and "Whatever you are doing, keep doing it" was her goodbye:) Indeed I shall - still "just" losing weight slowly, but hoping that by birthday I can celebrate 90 lb weight loss - just hit the 80 lb loss:)

I've said it before and will say it again that this Forum has been a God send for me and I couldn't have accomplished all this without the kindness and support of all of you on here. Having had such poor control and attitude towards my diabetes for so many years, I never would have thought that maybe I could succeed as well. Thank you all so very much - hugs and blessings/L
Huge congratulations- very well done xx

Reactions: Prem51

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Fantastic result!!!! It is wonderful to hear that you can achieve such an amazing outcome after so many years of a maximum dosage of Metformin.

Reactions: lindijanice