My type 2 diabetes has reversed by itself

achyut1939

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
previously I was taking, for a long time, 60 units of 30/70 premixed insulin, 40 units before breakfast, and 20 units before dinner. I started getting regularly hypos 3 months back. I gradually reduced my insulin dosage to 20 units per day only before breakfast. With this my hypos have reduced to a great extent. My fbg level has been 96 mg/dl 5 days ago. I am not a able to understand the reasons for this reduction in insulin dosage.

Reactions: Daphne917 and JAT1

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Sometimes it's not for us know the reason why just thank God for it and accept it. And hope it's permanent.

Well done and I hope it's a trend that continues for you.:)

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
previously I was taking, for a long time, 60 units of 30/70 premixed insulin, 40 units before breakfast, and 20 units before dinner. I started getting regularly hypos 3 months back. I gradually reduced my insulin dosage to 20 units per day only before breakfast. With this my hypos have reduced to a great extent. My fbg level has been 96 mg/dl 5 days ago. I am not a able to understand the reasons for this reduction in insulin dosage.
Did you change the way you ate? Do more exercise? Here’s hoping it’s a long term change for the better.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
If you are still using insulin your diabetes is controlled not resolved. You may also need to look at levels at other tones of day not just fasting levels.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree with @Diakat , reversed or in remission is defined as non diabetic HbA1c on no meds or just Metformin (https://www.virtahealth.com/reversediabetes )
More telling would be to test before and two hours after meals to see how your body is dealing with the food you eat.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you changed your injection site or insulin type?

It would be helpful for many if you can discover what may hav improved your insulin sensitivity...