1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

My type 2 diabetes has reversed by itself

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by achyut1939, Oct 9, 2019.

1. achyut1939

achyut1939 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

previously I was taking, for a long time, 60 units of 30/70 premixed insulin, 40 units before breakfast, and 20 units before dinner. I started getting regularly hypos 3 months back. I gradually reduced my insulin dosage to 20 units per day only before breakfast. With this my hypos have reduced to a great extent. My fbg level has been 96 mg/dl 5 days ago. I am not a able to understand the reasons for this reduction in insulin dosage.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Expert

Sometimes it's not for us know the reason why just thank God for it and accept it. And hope it's permanent.

Well done and I hope it's a trend that continues for you.:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Did you change the way you ate? Do more exercise? Here’s hoping it’s a long term change for the better.

4. achyut1939

achyut1939 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I eat the same diet. I am 80 years old. I do not exercise.

5. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

If you are still using insulin your diabetes is controlled not resolved. You may also need to look at levels at other tones of day not just fasting levels.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree with @Diakat , reversed or in remission is defined as non diabetic HbA1c on no meds or just Metformin (https://www.virtahealth.com/reversediabetes )
    More telling would be to test before and two hours after meals to see how your body is dealing with the food you eat.

7. kokhongw

kokhongw I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Have you changed your injection site or insulin type?

It would be helpful for many if you can discover what may hav improved your insulin sensitivity...

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook