My whole school!

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
When I was first diagnosed, I was forced to tell all of my teachers and classmates that I had Type 1 Diabetes and I was scared they would think something was wrong with me. A couple of years later, I'm sending an email to my entire school about a JDRF One Walk that would be happening in my area and asking for donations! I never thought I would be this comfortable with myself, but clearly that changed!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well @jasmine1616 it's almost 5 a.m here in England and even though it's so early in the day I think you definitely deserve today's top banana award.
Well done, best of luck with the walk and have a nice day.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well done @jasmine1616 that's an amazing turn around - I'm also planning on doing the walk in September for JDRF so will be thinking of you when I do mine :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Fantastic stuff. This is only the start, your life will go from strength to strength. X

Reactions: Prem51
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well done @jasmine1616, you are living with type 1, embracing it and being in control, you are a trooper and a star X
564-shooting-star.png

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was first diagnosed, I was forced to tell all of my teachers and classmates that I had Type 1 Diabetes and I was scared they would think something was wrong with me. A couple of years later, I'm sending an email to my entire school about a JDRF One Walk that would be happening in my area and asking for donations! I never thought I would be this comfortable with myself, but clearly that changed!
Is there a Just Giving page where I could donate?