Myasthenia Gravis

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
I hate prodictive text , maybe I should proof read it better, but with double vision it's gets to much , so sorry all .
This is also first time I have used a forum . I skipped breakfast this morning and have felt strange like woolly headed and very tired all day, could this be anything to do with diabeties ? Did not take Metformin till 13:00 hrs with a light snack
Had you checked your BS levels at the time? I tend to find that when mine are low I feel a bit spaced out. It has a lasting effect all day as I feel very detached.

Robbalcomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Evil people
Had you checked your BS levels at the time? I tend to find that when mine are low I feel a bit spaced out. It has a lasting effect all day as I feel very detached.

Hi, Nicksu, No my GP just put me on Metformin and sent me away saying no need todo anything we will test your blood again in three months time. I told her I was constantly hungry drinking lots of fluids therefore toilet trips have more then doubled, I get fatigued but that's normal for me and MG , but I'm also experiencing times where I get confused, silly things that I would not associate with MG , I don't have any way to test my own B/G as I'm also told by GP That the diabetes may go away as they keep reducing my steroids down from 60mg Prednisolone to 30mg and on the 11/1/18 will be on 20mg . Have gone back to breakfasts again and have not has that spaced out feeling since. Even though my doctor said that there was nothing I need do I have decided to look at my diet as weight gain due to steroids cannot be healthy my normal weight was 11.5st (73kg) I am now 13.5st (87kg). Thanks again and A Very Merry Christmas to you and your Family have a great time

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
OMG I really wonder sometimes. The bathroom trips are clear signs of diabetes - your body trying to get rid of excess glucose - the constant hunger is as you know the steroids (think bottomless pit?!). Cut your carbs down, or go low GI foods/Atkins and this will help. You may need to get pushy and buy yourself a glucose monitor and insist that your GP puts your testing strips and lancets on prescription. The operative words are "That the diabetes may go away". No guarantee, either way - you need help in the meantime and your GP is supposed to help you. The steroids may have just tipped you into diabetes when you were almost there anyway. One thing I did was make exercise part of my life - half an hour walk every day (weather permitting). It is good for bringing excess glucose levels down - not to mention increasing your fitness.

There are herbs that can also help - Gymnema Sylvestra, Banaba Leaf and Berberine are good ones - Berberine is good for yanking the glucose out of the bloodstream and into your muscles.
Either way good luck!

Reactions: Robbalcomb

Robbalcomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Evil people
OMG I really wonder sometimes. The bathroom trips are clear signs of diabetes - your body trying to get rid of excess glucose - the constant hunger is as you know the steroids (think bottomless pit?!). Cut your carbs down, or go low GI foods/Atkins and this will help. You may need to get pushy and buy yourself a glucose monitor and insist that your GP puts your testing strips and lancets on prescription. The operative words are "That the diabetes may go away". No guarantee, either way - you need help in the meantime and your GP is supposed to help you. The steroids may have just tipped you into diabetes when you were almost there anyway. One thing I did was make exercise part of my life - half an hour walk every day (weather permitting). It is good for bringing excess glucose levels down - not to mention increasing your fitness.

There are herbs that can also help - Gymnema Sylvestra, Banaba Leaf and Berberine are good ones - Berberine is good for yanking the glucose out of the bloodstream and into your muscles.
Either way good luck!
Thanks , will get monitor, and give the herbs a try, I do walk up to 2-3 hours a day up to town and back I have to use a stroller that used to be my mums , blooming MG sapps your strength so have to take rests, legs very weak today so walk took longer,
Days like today I miss my car , that's another thing the experts can't say if eyesight will improve to be able to reapply for driving licence, all I get is wait and see. Hy Ho worst things happen at sea , and there is always someone worst off then me