MyFitnessPal carb counts

ixi1429

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had this very same problem. I use food labels or Carbs and Cals. soemtimes though I have to use Google and ended up being confused asAvacdos are 1-2 g in carbs and cals but 8-9 on google etc. As oyu said it is a learning curve.

Thnaks for posting, its goood to share and we all learn from each other.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

That page doesn't reference anything about US values being used for items that have the check mark.

Here's an example from Tesco - the carb values and fibre values match (as close as can be with rounding) and the green tick is there. There should be no need to deduct the 2g from the 16g total carb in 100g weight from that value.

abRIwQ0.png

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Makes me very glad I just use my spreadsheet and UK supermarket websites for the nutritional info.

Hey bulkbiker, where did you get the info on your spreadsheet from please. From flex06

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
UK supermarket websites.. once you have a month or so in a food diary you have most of your meals covered.

Thankyou sweetie, a food diary will be a good start. Do you have to weigh everything you eat all the time (obv not pre sized items)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou sweetie, a food diary will be a good start. Do you have to weigh everything you eat all the time (obv not pre sized items)
At the start I did..and sometimes still do. My meals are now much simplified by following a ketogenic way of eating so now mainly use package size.

Reactions: flexi06