Natural herbal supplement

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just because it’s labeled natural doesn’t means it’s benifical.
The supplement business is a lucrative as pharmaceutical business.
Indeed. Most breakfast cereals call themselves natural, or 'full of natural goodness'. but for me as a diabetic they spell harm.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Honey, maple syrup, agave all are natural but might as well be poison to me.

Me too. Along with 'Heart Healthy Whole Grains' and Jaffa Cakes. Ooops! Scratch the JCs and insert fruit.

Dark Horse

I am a user of CuraLin. It has no harmful side effects. Pharmaceutical drugs are Drugs and always with side effects harmful to the body. I have been taking 3 CuraLin per day since early june and I have been in the normal non-diabetic range ever since taking the first one. I can eat high carb foods with no effect. £59. for 180 tablets at 3 per day = £20. Per month. It is not necessary to take 6 per day. Herbal products cannot be trademarked as they are natural, growing in the earth. Therefore Big Pharma cannot make money on them nor can doctors who make money giving them to their patients, so they are hardly going to recommend them are they? CuraLin works right from the start. It is not harmful and has no side effects. The £16. trial package will let you see that this is a miracle product from the earth combining 10 known harmless plants. The herbs have been used for eons in different cultures.
In the UK, doctors don't make money by prescribing drugs to their patients.

The NHS give this advice, "Herbal medicines, just like conventional medicines, will have an effect on the body and can be potentially harmful if not used correctly. They should therefore be used with the same care and respect as conventional medicines." https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/herbal-medicines/

The Curalife website says of Curalin, "This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease." https://curalife.co/curalin-herbal-ingredients/

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take one metformin in the morning but my problem has been if I eat any carbs at lunchtime or at my evening meal my sugars really spike and I didn't want to increase my metformin so I have been taking these tablets one after lunch and one after my evening meal and they are definitely working for me but I guess everyone will be different.
It does not seem anyone here has any experience of them but if they are working for you then thats good

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I started on Curalin early June this year. After taking my first blood sugar test my reading was 4.7. The following week it levelled out into the low to mid 5’s. I have been taking 2 to 3per day and I have not gone into the diabetic range since I first started on CuraLin in June. I can eat sensible portions of high carb foods now without spiking blood sugar levels. My hbac1 was 7.1 before I found about CuraLin. I am going for another test shortly which will be 3 months after taking CuraLin. It works out to £20. per month taking 3 per day. I started out cautiously and this amount worked for me. To me and my friend who also takes it, it is a miracle. I found out that the herbs have been used for eons in other cultures.
That's good if you are happy with it and it works for you that's all that matters. We can't condemn it here as being bad when we have had no experience of taking it our self

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's good if you are happy with it and it works for you that's all that matters. We can't condemn it here as being bad when we have had no experience of taking it our self
At the end of the day it is up to each and every one of us to make our decision. But we must make sure that they have good information to base that decision on so that it is an informed choice.

I think the lack of study reports for something that has miraculously appeared on the web makes me wary especially since some of the ingredients do not live up to the claims on their own, It is not the first magic mix cure all potion to be marketed, nor will it be the last. But when veiled in secrecy as well, then caveat emptor.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
The curalin websites also state that increased exercise and dietary changes are necessary to bring about reductions in BG. Maybe just skip the cost of curalin and put the other 2 variables into the mix!??

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At the end of the day it is up to each and every one of us to make our decision. But we must make sure that they have good information to base that decision on so that it is an informed choice.

I think the lack of study reports for something that has miraculously appeared on the web makes me wary especially since some of the ingredients do not live up to the claims on their own, It is not the first magic mix cure all potion to be marketed, nor will it be the last. But when veiled in secrecy as well, then caveat emptor.
Yes I agree that people should find out as much as they can before they take something not widely known and see how others are affected by it good or bad. One of the other members here as well as the OP said he has been taking it for a while now with no adverse affects and lower BG levels so I imagine he researched it first

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I agree that people should find out as much as they can before they take something not widely known and see how others are affected by it good or bad. One of the other members here as well as the OP said he has been taking it for a while now with no adverse affects and lower BG levels so I imagine he researched it first
You are presenting anecdotal evidence from two posters here, There are more than 2 persons also on here saying that the evidence for this product is missing. There is howver some evidence for some of the ingredients that show that they in their own right do not substantiate the claims being made, so although the supplier is claiming science evidence on their website, I have not found a single item that provides this. This supplement was also discussed in length on the DUK forum recently, and they too found the claims were not backed up with any form of trial data,

Curalin say this about their product
"Our GMP accredited manufacturing facilities ensure premium quality products that contain scientifically proven ingredients which are FDA compliant."

The FDA has not approved this product at all, and the certificate they show the approval is photoshopped and a fake.

It seems that one of their factorie may have FDA registration to enable supply of goods to the American market, but that is only on a production process, and not on the product itself. They have twisted the emphasis in their statement above. The FDA does not test, monitor, or approve supplements where there are no Health claims being made, but it seems Curalife are making these claims so may be in violation, much as Herbalife were for their NRG product (which anecdotally many users of NRG called it No Ruddy Good because it did not live up to the hype.) Herbalife were banned for a while until they changed their marketing strategy.

I did find this article which seems to be a fair appraisal of the product but is not a site I usually use.
https://www.glozine.com/reviews/curalin.html

Last edited:

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What Sarah refers to as the scientific board members is actually their Strategic Planning Board, and only has 2 scientific quaified members. Another member is a vet. the fourth is a lawyer.

I have seen several articles from Sarah on the web, and they all heartily extol the virtues of Curalin, which I believe shows she may be tied in with them, and not independant. The constant Buy Here links embedded in this article also give a clue.

Her reviews of the individual components in Curalin is of interest, and is broadly in line with research I have seen published. But only about half of the herbs she lists are actually in Curalin, so the others may be a smokescreen to add impressive spin to her article. Only one bgl reduction is actually given a value of 1.9 mmol/l which is comparable with Metformin.

There are some warnings about using some herbs with other meds such as blood thinners, so these should be mentioned on the Curalin website somewhere, but I did not see it mentioned. I know that there are some other contraindications and avisos with some of the herbs that are not included in her precis of the individual herbs, so the data is incomplete.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
What Sarah refers to as the scientific board members is actually their Strategic Planning Board, and only has 2 scientific quaified members. Another member is a vet. the fourth is a lawyer.

I have seen several articles from Sarah on the web, and they all heartily extol the virtues of Curalin, which I believe shows she may be tied in with them, and not independant. The constant Buy Here links embedded in this article also give a clue.

Her reviews of the individual components in Curalin is of interest, and is broadly in line with research I have seen published. But only about half of the herbs she lists are actually in Curalin, so the others may be a smokescreen to add impressive spin to her article. Only one bgl reduction is actually given a value of 1.9 mmol/l which is comparable with Metformin.

There are some warnings about using some herbs with other meds such as blood thinners, so these should be mentioned on the Curalin website somewhere, but I did not see it mentioned. I know that there are some other contraindications and avisos with some of the herbs that are not included in her precis of the individual herbs, so the data is incomplete.
I am always impressed by your ability to cut through the *rhetoric*!

Gster71

I take one metformin in the morning but my problem has been if I eat any carbs at lunchtime or at my evening meal my sugars really spike and I didn't want to increase my metformin so I have been taking these tablets one after lunch and one after my evening meal and they are definitely working for me but I guess everyone will be different.

mallins

I am a user of CuraLin. It has no harmful side effects. Pharmaceutical drugs are Drugs and always with side effects harmful to the body. I have been taking 3 CuraLin per day since early june and I have been in the normal non-diabetic range ever since taking the first one. I can eat high carb foods with no effect. £59. for 180 tablets at 3 per day = £20. Per month. It is not necessary to take 6 per day. Herbal products cannot be trademarked as they are natural, growing in the earth. Therefore Big Pharma cannot make money on them nor can doctors who make money giving them to their patients, so they are hardly going to recommend them are they? CuraLin works right from the start. It is not harmful and has no side effects. The £16. trial package will let you see that this is a miracle product from the earth combining 10 known harmless plants. The herbs have been used for eons in different cultures.
I'm glad to see someone else is on the same page as me. I'm down to 2 tablets a day and my sugar levels have been in the normal range for quite sometime now.

Cheers Mallins

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm glad to see someone else is on the same page as me. I'm down to 2 tablets a day and my sugar levels have been in the normal range for quite sometime now.

Cheers Mallins
I came off insulin after doing low carb for 1 year 50g carbs max. BS started rising so switched to keto 20g max. This worked well for another year and was able to stay completely off insulin.

BS started rising again in December even though I have kept obsessively to under 20g carbs. My hba1c had actually already risen to 44 in September - which was a bit of a shock. The problem was that BS stayed high for at least 4 hours after meals and just were not dropping back to fasting quickly enough.

Have discussed this with my DN who says that, as well as keeping strictly to keto, I may need to add metformin in the future. I don't think of this as a failure but as a necessity to help me manage the diabetes. My only concern is that I have a track record of reacting badly to prescription drugs and over the counter meds and I also have a long history of IBS type symptoms which makes me a little wary of metformin. I can't even take over the counter hay fever meds and have to take herbal drops to control it.

So I did a search of the diabetes.co.uk site (not the forum) and came across an article about bitter melon. As it was on the actual site it gave me the confidence to try it. I then found the posts on the forum about curalin (which contains bitter melon) which had helped a couple of members (but not others) and as it also contained amla and turmeric which I was already taking I thought I would give it a go at the beginning of February.

Fasting BS suddenly dropped to 3.6 (much too low) and after meal BS hardly rose so had to cut down to 2 capsules a day. Today fasting 5.0 and 2 hours after breakfast 5.7 so am happy with those numbers. I don't think it would work for me without the keto as I believe that for someone like me keto (and exercise) are absolutely vital to keep me in remission. So hopefully these numbers will continue.

I do feel a little bit despondent though as I would really like keto to work wholly on it's own. Still - an hba1c of 44 on keto is a whole lot better than the 125 on a high carb diet that it was when first diagnosed. And of course - by staying with keto I will be doing my utmost best to keep insulin resistance to the minimum.