Nearly at the end of my BSD journey

dch1950

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,
I was diagnosed T2 in September this year.I subsequently started on BSD regime.7 weeks in I had a post diagnosis Hba1c test performed. Essentially to confirm I had started taking the DN prescribed Metformin.My weight loss has been good , 14 kgs., and my bloods gave a reading of 39 mol/mol. I am satisfied with these results, and on completion I will move to the 5:2 variation of the aforementioned regime. I anticipate this will take me steadily to my dream weight of 80 kgs. Over around 4-5 months.Limits for non fasting days being centred around 1600 kcal she per day, switching to a 14 fasting lead in to my 600 kcals. Fasting days.
Any comments?
Regards
Newly shocked but recovering
Dave H

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sorry i dont understand most of that. im thick. well done on your hard work and test results.

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on the weight loss. How are you finding the diet? Do you test? If so what are your readings. Just interested in how the diet affects them. Looking forwards to reading that you've made the dream weight of 80kg.

Reactions: Peckj02

dch1950

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here we are at the beginning of March 18 and I have been on the 5:2 variant of the BSD. I reached my "dream weight about 2 weeks back, and had a glycated test done to check for current status. I got down from 39 mmol/mol to 34 mmol/mol since the beginning of last December. This was my final 4 weeks of the full power BSD regime , which finished on Xmas eve. Discussion with my GP (yesterday) resulted in my being taken off Metformin. My list of hypertenion drugs is still quite high, but I am hoping that the trend downwards of my blood pressure will stimulate further assessment in the near future. Slight elevation of serum sodium was found in the U&E test, but I think that I have been a little dehydrated since Xmas. I was drinking 4.5 - 5 pints of water daily back then - not because of the diabetes, but because it was required as part of the BSD. Things are progressing well.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here we are at the beginning of March 18 and I have been on the 5:2 variant of the BSD. I reached my "dream weight about 2 weeks back, and had a glycated test done to check for current status. I got down from 39 mmol/mol to 34 mmol/mol since the beginning of last December. This was my final 4 weeks of the full power BSD regime , which finished on Xmas eve. Discussion with my GP (yesterday) resulted in my being taken off Metformin. My list of hypertenion drugs is still quite high, but I am hoping that the trend downwards of my blood pressure will stimulate further assessment in the near future. Slight elevation of serum sodium was found in the U&E test, but I think that I have been a little dehydrated since Xmas. I was drinking 4.5 - 5 pints of water daily back then - not because of the diabetes, but because it was required as part of the BSD. Things are progressing well.
Well done on your progress your steady persistence has clearly paid off and in an amazingly short time - good to hear. My blood pressure meds was the last thing to Be ditched and it happened when my weight got down to about 23 BMI now BMI of 21 and no meds for anything I’m sure your blood pressure like everything else will continue on the downward tr3nd with your continued work well done

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dch1950 many congratulations to you, that’s a brilliant result!
May I ask did you feel hungry at all on the BSD?

dch1950

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not really.I soon got used to eating less.I was never a big meal eater, I was a little and often eater (aka a grazer).Even now I rarely break 1000 kcals on my ordinary days, and easily make less than 800 on my fasting days.Keeping hydrated is something I need to pay more attention to though.The whole exercise has been a revelation to me and I feel so much better in myself.
regards
Dave

Reactions: DCUKMod and DJC3

dch1950

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Of course - I say "my BSD journey", but the fact is that I have had my diet and attitude to food completely over turned. This is all for the better and I can only live with a permanent image in my mind of the Dave Hickman who just seemed to delight in eating junk and carbs , or both. This has been very positive for me though and I applaud the efforts of my fellow travellers.
Dave x

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done, sterling work and great results. After reading Moseley's book I seriously considered the BSD but chose LCHF as I thought it would lower my bg faster as my A1c was horrific on diagnosis. I bought the recipe book that accompanies the BSD and still use some of the recipes.

Reactions: DJC3