Nee hba1c results

mouseee

Well, low carb has done it again. Not as dramatic as it could be but I have been less stringent with carbs and allowed myself some things which I completely avoided when I was first diagnosed. I have managed to get from 64 in January to 52 this week. Hilariously, until I'd just typed that I was almost disappointed with the improvement but I'll take that!
The diabetic nurse said he'd not add in more meds for me if I could get to 50 so I shall be refusing new stuff! So close! I have to have a repeat blood test in a month for something else and I'm going to ask if they can add hba1c to that set of tests.
The result is pretty good considering the odd piece of actual bread and occasional spoonful of rice with - I hate to admit it on here - a couple of biscuits here and there made it into my stomach. My decision was I needed to drop the carbs but make it sustainable. I need to make a few more changes and make sure I can keep to them, but the numbers are going in the right direction.
Weight has been dropping off consistently, together with basically what amounts to swelling and inflammation and have gone down a dress size too. Had to have a good search through Vinted to find smaller clothes!
I have suffered from 'post weigh in syndrome' that I used to get with slimming World this week. As in, blood test done, now I can relax, but I have pulled that back in the last two days so not too much harm done.
I've stuck to my eating much better this time because of this forum. Checking in every day means I feel more accountable and have a group of people who understand my management of my T2 without judgement.
Thanks!!!!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on your reduction in weight and HbA1c! I had fun taking my big clothes into charity shops and coming out with smaller clothes with my weight loss following diagnosis!

Reactions: LivingLightly

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations @mouseee on your weight loss and reducing your HbA1c result from 64 as recently as January to 52 mmol/mol now. Well done you!

Yes, our way of life needs to be sustainable. Slow and steady wins the race!