1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Need advice - please help

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by ButterscotchMummy, Mar 27, 2022.

1. ButterscotchMummy

ButterscotchMummy · Newbie

Hi there
    I am not someone who usually posts in forums so please forgive me if I don’t know the etiquette.
    I am desperately worried about my seven year old daughter and wondered if anyone could help?
    She has always been healthy but in the last week I’ve noticed her breath smells fruity. She isn’t unwell in any other way, isn’t thirsty or urinating a lot and hasn’t lost weight. She has had bed wetting incidents on and off since she was about 3 but I’ve always put that down to her not peeing before bed or being extra tired etc.
    Does this sound like it could be diabetes? Thank you for any advice

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

If you're worried, please see your doctor!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

One of our forum rules is no one can diagnose. You do have a couple of markers that concern you regarding your child.
    The best course of action would be an appointment with your GP if only to belay any worry you may have for your kid..
    They won't mind you enquiring.

Best wishes to you both.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook