Need advice - please help

Hi there
I am not someone who usually posts in forums so please forgive me if I don’t know the etiquette.
I am desperately worried about my seven year old daughter and wondered if anyone could help?
She has always been healthy but in the last week I’ve noticed her breath smells fruity. She isn’t unwell in any other way, isn’t thirsty or urinating a lot and hasn’t lost weight. She has had bed wetting incidents on and off since she was about 3 but I’ve always put that down to her not peeing before bed or being extra tired etc.
Does this sound like it could be diabetes? Thank you for any advice

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there
I am not someone who usually posts in forums so please forgive me if I don’t know the etiquette.
I am desperately worried about my seven year old daughter and wondered if anyone could help?
She has always been healthy but in the last week I’ve noticed her breath smells fruity. She isn’t unwell in any other way, isn’t thirsty or urinating a lot and hasn’t lost weight. She has had bed wetting incidents on and off since she was about 3 but I’ve always put that down to her not peeing before bed or being extra tired etc.
If you're worried, please see your doctor!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

One of our forum rules is no one can diagnose. You do have a couple of markers that concern you regarding your child.
The best course of action would be an appointment with your GP if only to belay any worry you may have for your kid..
They won't mind you enquiring.

Best wishes to you both.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there
If you have questions, put them to the GP, and do it quick. A forum can't actually do anything for her, we can't run tests, we can't diagnose, we can't put her on insulin should she need it... You're not bothering anyone if you ask for help at your GP's, you're simply being a good mum. Better to get her seen and it lead to nothing, than not have her seen and things going awry, right? Maybe she's diabetic, maybe she's not (maybe just got into fruity candies?), but if your gut is telling you you should worry, your mommy-sense tingling so to speak, just go with it and get her tested.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I sure hope she already did this, this thread is over a year old. ;)
It popped up in recent posts... Completely forgot to check the date of the original poster!

Yeah, it really is one of those days where I should just stay in bed, haha. But at least the vacuuming got done.

• Winner
Reactions: Antje77