Type 2 Need advice please

Cybersight

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
So I’ve been using the trueplus machine and lancets 33g which is a real thin making my fingers hurt less. Now my Doctors surgery has informed me that my device and lancets have changed to Palmdoc who only do 30g lancets. They hurt I’ve very got like baby fingers thin skin and very sensitive. My doctors won’t change it as this is now the machine to use so they only prescribe the same name lancets. Can they do this and make me change my machine and lancets? I understand cost cutting to keep the costs down but do we have to suffer for it.
This has to be wrong on so many levels?
Thoughts and any advice would be great

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Cybersight

Can you speak to your DSN about this as they will input into your GP about your prescription, ultimately it has to boil down to what works best for you so you will need to get support from your team to influence this.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Definitely have words with your GP or DSN they have the leeway to put you back on your original lancets, if they say they cant offer them the chance to use your pricker so they can feel the pain themselves, my GP was horrified with the pain and bruising left behind when he tried the GlucoRx lancets they had tried to fob me off with and immediately switched me back to my usual Freestyle ones.

Cybersight

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thanks peeps I’ll speak with DSN at the hospital and see what they can do it’s my doctors that are stopping that.
Yeah that might be a good idea if I bring both lancets in and he can compare.
Many thanks

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks peeps I’ll speak with DSN at the hospital and see what they can do it’s my doctors that are stopping that.
Yeah that might be a good idea if I bring both lancets in and he can compare.
Many thanks

Your welcome.......go for it........as my nan used to say "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"...........we have enough jabs to put up with already and I don't see the point in putting up with them being painful too. :sorry:

Reactions: Cybersight

Cybersight

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Your welcome.......go for it........as my nan used to say "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"...........we have enough jabs to put up with already and I don't see the point in putting up with them being painful too. :sorry:

Just a quick thank you and reply, my DSN told my docs to prescribe me my old lancets so happy days and less pain

Gloucestergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nightclubs!!
Several months ago I was changed from my meter that I had found accurate (Jazz) to another one, (I think because the test sticks were cheaper) I only used the new one about a week but it was so inaccurate that I asked to go on using the Jazz and even though the test sticks cost more they carried on prescribing them. To do a test on the new one and get a result of 25.5 and checking it with the Jazz and getting 15.2 made me mistrust the new one. Also, the day I felt hypo and used the new meter but it said I was 5.7 when I could feel hypo I tested again on the Jazz and was 2.9, I could have ignored the higher figure, just as well I didn't.

Mouser

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Could you get a replacement meter as it may just be faulty. Good that you're on the ball about how you feel..

Reactions: Cybersight