need advice

arto9191

hi,

I am 28 years old diagnosed last year. Honeymoon passed after 3 months.

I had a really good control of sugars, however since a month when I had sugars 450 due to Gonnoreah and Chlamydia my sugars are so out of range during the night or when I am not eating. One day after treatment I hit hypo at night so i am sure I was cured of infection. I received treatment, two antibiotics one injected second was 3 pills at once.

Then I went out to the store and the next day it started

This night I took 12 units of Insulatard and I woke up with sugar 272 mg/dl
Yesterday and day before did it with 10 units, same sugar.
With 8 was the same (that was my initial amount for night)

What am I doing wrong ? I checked during the night every hour. when I am not eating sugars are in range till 2:30, then they sky rocket. Any help would be appreciated.

PS. I manage them well, even when there is a high, I give myself an injection for correction and straight on a bike so it allows me to bring them back in range in 20 minutes.

I usually had to eat something without fast acting one before going to sleep when taking 8 and woke up at 9 with 130 mg/dl.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
my sugars are so out of range during the night or when I am not eating.

Sounds like there may be something wrong with your basal insulin, either dosage or maybe there is a problem with the insulin in the vial? Try changing to a different batch of basal before assuming that the dosage is the issue.

Good luck.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi,

I am 28 years old diagnosed last year. Honeymoon passed after 3 months.

I had a really good control of sugars, however since a month when I had sugars 450 due to Gonnoreah and Chlamydia my sugars are so out of range during the night or when I am not eating. One day after treatment I hit hypo at night so i am sure I was cured of infection. I received treatment, two antibiotics one injected second was 3 pills at once.

Then I went out to the store and the next day it started

This night I took 12 units of Insulatard and I woke up with sugar 272 mg/dl
Yesterday and day before did it with 10 units, same sugar.
With 8 was the same (that was my initial amount for night)

What am I doing wrong ? I checked during the night every hour. when I am not eating sugars are in range till 2:30, then they sky rocket. Any help would be appreciated.

PS. I manage them well, even when there is a high, I give myself an injection for correction and straight on a bike so it allows me to bring them back in range in 20 minutes.

I usually had to eat something without fast acting one before going to sleep when taking 8 and woke up at 9 with 130 mg/dl.

Hi @arto9191 ,

Welcome to the forum.

What in general & when did you have your last meal? Some foods like pizza can spike much later than expected..
What time are you injecting the insulatard?
From memory, insulatard needs mixing by gently rolling with a little glass ball in the vial so it's consistent? If this is not performed correctly, you could be giving the wrong concentration in the dose?
Which could be contributing to your issue.

Here is some information on basal testing. https://www.mysugr.com/en/blog/basal-rate-testing/

Hope this helps..

arto9191

I do not eat after 6 PM just eating a black bread with tuna paste and cavior. That is all. Still waking up with 200-300 and feeling bad. During the day I control it okay.

Also, I got a bad eye shadows around my eyes.