Need help to convince someone to care.

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
My wife works with someone who has been told she has Type 2 but is still eating cake like it`s going on ration.
She never has her meter with her and also misses meals oftern.
I would like to help her but i think she will have to admit it herself like having a drink problem.
Graham1441 :twisted: :twisted:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Graham,hard as it is ,you can't help everyone.She has to admit that she is diabetic first.How about your wife taking one of our posters to work and telling her about the forum for instance?

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
Nice idear but she already knows I`m type 2 and did ask a few questions at first but now just seems to ingnor.
I think your right, SHE has to come to terms with it herself.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Small steps,Graham,if you push to hard then most people ignore or shut off.Just keep dropping in small bits of positive info.

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
Only thing i have done so far is tell her that if she wants im hear.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
That's good Graham.At least she knows there is someone when she finally comes to terms with it.

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
That person has now said her feet are numb and tingle at the same time and her fingers are the same.

I dont know what that would mean anyone help with that.

It sure dont sound good to me, I know if it was me I`d be going somewhere fast.

My wife told her to at least call her brother who is a pharmisist and at least will be able to point her in the right direction, I just hope she takes notice of him.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
You can only advise ,Graham,unfortunately.She really needs to see the doctor!!

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
Hi Graham

As a reformed someone who didn't care, sorry to be pessimistic here but I have to say like the other posters that you can't really do a lot until she is willing to admit there's a problem. And however frustrating it may be for you, it's her right to ignore the problem and get ill as a result. Eventually, and hopefully before she gets too ill the penny will drop particularly if she is getting symptoms now. And at that point you can help her.

Spiral

You simply can't manage someone's condition for them. They eat when you are not with them. It will drive you in to the ground. And trying too hard to browbeat someone in to seeing things your way (I know this because I have both done it and been on the receiving end of it) will just make it harder to ask for help when the time is right, loss of face and having to admit you were wrong and the risk of the other person saying I told you so :?

Learning to bite your tongue (I wonder what the GI/carb rating of that is) is a useful skill, it does get easer with practice. The best you can do is be a role model for good control and talk about it if asked.

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
Wo wo wo, Lets rewind shall we, Now i remember saying i had just told her "IF" she wanted to ask anything i was there for her, NOW all of a sudden everyones having a pop saying I`M trying to control her.

SHE asked my wife if I had ever had numb feet and fingers and my Wife told her to just give her brother a call because i have never had that problem RIGHT.
NOTHING TO DO WITH ME AT ALL OK.

So stop all the popping.

SHE ASKED OK.

Spiral

Need help to convince someone to care.

This is what people are responding to. I'm sorry you feel got at, but this is a message board and people carry on responding until they stop :| even if you have had all your questions and queries answered or feel you have been misunderstood :?

Put something in the public domain and this is what happens, people comment. It is the great strength of message boards and also one of its biggest failings!