need help with side effects

juejue17

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
i have been put on a injection called lixisenatide and the side effects are horrible i have been sick most days since i started this two weeks ago.
blood sugar is not stable goes down as low as 4.4 or stays the high at 12.0. has anyone been on this for a while and how long before things settle down

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
i have been put on a injection called lixisenatide and the side effects are horrible i have been sick most days since i started this two weeks ago.
blood sugar is not stable goes down as low as 4.4 or stays the high at 12.0. has anyone been on this for a while and how long before things settle down
I've never taken this med but I suggest you go back to your doctor to discuss it. There may be alternatives that have fewer side effects.

Many people are given incorrect advice from doctors and nurses that they should eat carbs with every meal. This tends to lead to poor control of blood sugars and ever increasing need for medications, which often do little to help. I have been able to reduce my blood sugars by reducing carbs. Happy to talk more about it if you are interested.

carnabychick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi what size are your needles as I had the same prob and was using 8mm, changed to 5mm and now sugars are more settled and I feel lots better.