Type 2 Need Motivation for Controlling Diabetes

RajFromIndia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
HI,

Need motivation and help in controlling daily routine of food, exercise in order to effectively control diabetes.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With coronavirus sweeping the globe it is likely to reach your area soon, if it hasn’t done so already.

Good control and reasonably steady blood glucose is helpful in resisting disease.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can i take a different tact, sometimes we look at the negative when i try and look at the positive.

If you don’t control, all of the above is possible and applies. Bad times.

However, if you do control its possible you can beat it, properly beat it into submission. Its not always possible but worth the effort.

I went from a HBA1C of 87 and massively high after eating numbers, to 33 HBA1C. That wasn’t just by cutting all the nice things I loved out, but by losing weight and increasing my fitness significantly. Using HITT exercise methods.

Benefits:

· 5 stone down I look better then I have done in decades and people note I look so much younger

· I can run and play with my kids for hours where before I would sit down and drink tea while they played

· I enjoy fitness such that it now relaxes me – it used to be a chore

· I can control my diabetes with a careful but varied diet because my activity and body can cope with carbs where they could not before.

Last night I had a home made Nandos, with garlic bread, some chips and a slice of birthday cake/ice creme. This was my boy’s birthday and I wanted to join in, I have not eaten most of these things for 6 months. I tested 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3 hours later and my bloods didn’t rise beyond 7.2 (after a few hours they were on the way down into the low 6’s), my wife who is not diabetic had higher bloods at each measure then me!. This morning I had a 4.5 on waking up

Its not possible for everyone, some people will have to stick with Keto or similar for the long haul, but its worth a shot right?

I wont now how a binge on cake and bread, today and for the rest of the week I will be back to my usual careful diet and I love it. But its great to have the option and I have earned that reward with 6 months of solid diet and physical exercise.