1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Need some help

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by Windylindy, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Windylindy

Windylindy · Newbie

Hi I’m new to the site and I’m like many more in trouble with my diabetes I’m was 26 on my blood monitor this morning l don’t know what to do. My doctors surgery is down on me like a ton of bricks because a blood test they did recently read 99 hip something. I don’t feel well please can l join Your group please. Regards lindy

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Windylindy and welcome!

A couple of questions for you so people know best how to help. Are you type 1 or type 2 and are you taking insulin or any other blood glucose lowering medication?

I’d guess that the 99 is your HbA1c, but it’d be good to confirm that with your GP.

In the meantime, although it sounds like you’re not newly diagnosed, this information may still be useful: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/

Have a good read and come back with any questions.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook