need your brains

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
dont understand really what is happening. Only once in 8 months have i ever had a hypo at night coz as you know my sugars are usually high-ish and i understand to a degree about your liver saving the day by the " dumping " but last night about 2.45am i wasn't feeling right so done a test and it was 6.9. Low for me but not low enough for hypos but what i dont understand is when i tested before breakfast it was 13.1 what the hell happened there?

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Hi,

You are experiencing the 'dawn phenomenon' - your liver is releasing glycogen to increase your blood sugar as you wake, but your pancreas isn't releasing enough insulin to cope. Google it. Also ask about taking Metformin which inhibits it.

Best

Dillinger

Unbeliever

Dillinger said:
Hi,

You are experiencing the 'dawn phenomenon' - your liver is releasing glycogen to increase your blood sugar as you wake, but your pancreas isn't releasing enough insulin to cope. Google it. Also ask about taking Metformin which inhibits it.

Best

Dillinger

There you go Mistee- you got the man with the brains. Couldn't have had a more succinct and clear answer. That's all you need.

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Also, looking at that again; I sound a bit terse! Which I didn't mean - sorry about that. Try searching on here as well as I think there is a lot of discussion on how to deal with this

Thank you Unbeliever!

Best

Dillinger