Needing something sweet

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, I would like to ask what to have to eat to get rid of my sugar pangs. Also, can I have chorizo and salami (I know they're processed), there seems to be a few recipes using these. Thank you

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The wife uses coconut oil, almond butter and crushed almonds melted together with a very small sq of 85%dark chocolate... Mix well and a few chopped strawberries can also be added .. Line a small baking tray with cling film and spread out the warm mix so it's rather thin ... desecrated coconut can also be added .. Sprinkle a little sea salt crystals on top and freeze .. Then when frozen turn out and break in to med size chards ... Leave in the top of your freezer and nibble away when needing a hit of sweet things ...

Cannot comment on the chorizo or salami as I am vegetarian :wacky:

Reactions: 4 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
I normally have the little pors of sugar free jelly in the fridge. 4 for quid in Tesco.

Reactions: 3 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I ate 2 or 3 Thorntons diabetic chocolates and ended up with the highest bg reading I had ever had! I think I need to buy some of those pots of sugar free jelly :)

Evelynross

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I buy hartleys sugar free jelly, twin pack, 70p. One pack makes 1pint, 3 portions. Great help x

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the sugar free jelly is full of artificial sweeteners ! Not so good really !

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The wife uses coconut oil, almond butter and crushed almonds melted together with a very small sq of 85%dark chocolate... Mix well and a few chopped strawberries can also be added .. Line a small baking tray with cling film and spread out the warm mix so it's rather thin ... desecrated coconut can also be added .. Sprinkle a little sea salt crystals on top and freeze .. Then when frozen turn out and break in to med size chards ... Leave in the top of your freezer and nibble away when needing a hit of sweet things ...

Cannot comment on the chorizo or salami as I am vegetarian :wacky:
Lol! Thank you, thank you thank you

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Chorizo and salami will vary from brand to brand, but most of the ones I've seen are pretty low carb. I don't have any problem munching on them. Peperami is also handy to have around.

Reactions: 2 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for that Geoffers. I have a couple of recipes which use chorizo, and I love Italian meats lol

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
So do I. I always have some of those pre-diced pots of Pancetta in the fridge. If I'm stuck I fry them til crispy and throw them into an omelette.

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So do I. I always have some of those pre-diced pots of Pancetta in the fridge. If I'm stuck I fry them til crispy and throw them into an omelette.
Me too! My husband can't stand pancetta or smoked meat. I love it! You could may a kale soup with a stock and add chorizo the last 15 minutes of cooking it's yummilicious!

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Just come back from lidl with manchego, tins of archicoke hearts, anchovies, queen olives and slices of salami with fennel and slices chorizo, brie, and nuts.
My snacks are covered for the next few days!!!

Reactions: 5 people