Needing the loo

cricketer

Hi ,
Ive been T1 for about 8 months, blood sugar is usually well controlled with only occasional 15+

I always seem to need the loo really often though, not sure why?! :oops:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Cricketer,

Needing to go to the loo a lot can sometimes mean that diabetes is uncontrolled, however as you say your bg are well controlled, I would go along to see your gp and discuss this matter as soon as possible. Not everything is diabetes related, so always best to get these things checked out.

Nigel

A

Anonymous

go and get a wee tested if sugars ok then u possible have a UTI.see your GP :)

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
I have 'irritable bladder' syndrome which means I need to wee more than the average bod but I've also noticed over the years that my need to wee will increase if I am plus 10 on the BG monitor. it's prob a personal thing but keep an eye on your BG's and do as already suggested, get some tests done as it may be totally un-diabetes related!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Debloubed said:
I have 'irritable bladder' syndrome which means I need to wee more than the average bod but I've also noticed over the years that my need to wee will increase if I am plus 10 on the BG monitor. it's prob a personal thing but keep an eye on your BG's and do as already suggested, get some tests done as it may be totally un-diabetes related!

Debs,

I too have 'irritable bladder syndrome', I think I had it for years but never realised always assuming that it was due to my diabetes. A few months back after consulting with my gp, I decided to adjust my diet and cut out drinking caffeinated tea and coffee and replace with decaff versions, I also cut out acidic foods such as tomatoes and onions (which I loved and ate everyday) to see what the results would bring. After only 1 week I felt much better, and the constant ache and need to urinate became less over the coming weeks, and instead of waking twice a night to visit the loo, I can now go all-night without a pee, or if I have been drinking late perhaps go just the once.

Should you google 'irritable bladder/bowel' you will find that the dietary advice is to eliminate caffeine and spicy/acidic foods to ease the condition.............maybe worth a try!

Nigel

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
thanks Nige, I too had the same advice and drink caffeine free where possible but never knew about the acidic foods? I also had some tablets but they dried my skin up so much I had to stop taking them! I average about 4 times a night so to go all night long without having to get up would be my dream :lol: it's one of those weird things I have grown to live with I suppose? bit like Diabetes :wink:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Another little tip Debs, include pumpkin seeds in your diet, they are full of goodness and contain good fats, but most importantly they are supposedly good for irritable bladder/bowel conditions. I use mine on my breakfast cereal, very delicious with a nutty taste! :)

Nigel

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I will add them to my shopping list! thanks for the tip :D