Needing To Gain Weight

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have lost so much weight due to gastroparesis and no doubt from the stress it's causing. I'm desperate to gain some kilos. My dietician has me on some liquid meals - sustagen hospital formula but I'm still not gaining and it makes my sugars high.
Any tips on foods for weight gain - Especially from those who have gastroparesis.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Sharrryn Sorry I don't have anything to add except to tag @donnellysdogs who may be able to offer some advice.

mike gibson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Sharrryn, I’m not suffering from the same condition but I have lost weight as a result of my diabetes and although weight loss has steadied I’m finding it hard to put it back on due to being lowish carb...we’re that rare breed on here where we could do with putting a few pounds back on...you need to consume around an extra 500 calories a day to put weight on, tricky when your type 2 and following a low carb diet...this week I’ve stated to increase the good fats such as avocado, nuts and more diary such as full fat cheese and diary...also cooking with olive oil and full fat butter...eating more meat, especially through the day, where my current lunchtime salad just isn’t enough...as well as weight loss I get tired a lot more than I used too...try this while keeping on eye on the bg levels and maybe consider resistance training to help build muscle mass which in turn adds weight on...good luck